Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Building two simple sabers, looking for names.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

PFC Stephens, how about Sarge and Grunt or Gunny or, well you get the idea!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Hmm, green blade for me, blue blade for him, I'm in the Army, he was in the Navy...

Grunt and Squid?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    Hmm, green blade for me, blue blade for him, I'm in the Army, he was in the Navy...

Grunt and Squid?
    YES!!!!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Well, for now, I think I'm going to go with "Grunt" and "Squid" - though I reserve the right to come up with a more official one for mine, and Greg's... well, that's up to him. It'll be his gorram saber, after all.

All in all, though, I like these as "first-attempt" sabers. The more simple, less ornate ones that a Padawan would make when he does the first go-around, that he uses until he replaces them later, as a Jedi Knight. (Or somesuch - that's just what's going through my head.)

Though I do think I know what I want to do next - I just have to figure out what I can cram in there (CF3 vs US2) and where exactly it'll go. Likely it'll have a cyan blade in there, too - ordered the stuff to make a cyan K2 star from luxeonstar.com earlier. Ideally, I'd like to do the whole recharge-port-in-the-pommel thing, plus main power and low battery LEDs. We'll see, once I get my first one done.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    forgot about this classic combo.... Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson
    Fixed.
    I refuse to accept your reality and substitute it with my own.

I was messing around with the MHS parts I have on-hand, and ended up making a minor change for Grunt: I decided to change the emitter from stye 9 to a style 5 I had doing nothing. I had played with the idea before on the MHS Builder, but for some reason, I decided I liked it more in real life than I did on-screen.

In other news, my package from luxeonstar.com arrived today - including PCBs and red, amber, and cyan K2s and the L2 all-in-one K2 optics I'm trying out. I'm not sure if they're as tall as the regular ones Tim sells - I doubt they're taller. It shouldn't be an issue as they've got adhesive pads with them so once I solder in the LEDs I slap the optics on and call it a day. I'll post up how well those work as soon as I get my US2s and other associated parts in for Squid. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, Tim. )

I've always been partial to Talon & fang for my sith sabers. If you're gonna be jedi scum, then go with something noble-sounding like foe-hammer and lightwing...just a thought.
    "You've failed, Your Highness. I am a JEDI, like my father before me..."

-Luke Skywalker, ROTJ