Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do I convert a master replica scaled model

mike-jon was gonna turn it into a working one, i was thinkin of turnin mine into a laser pointer. but i guess the answer i would give would be why not, either idea could be fun.

well if youve got the time and your not attched to it , id say go for it. play around, tincker with it. sometimes its more fun to dive right in not knowing what your gonna end up with.[]

i agree, if its not that important and valuable to you, then why not do some tinkerin and make it function. you can use small switches to turn it on. and goin el with it would be the best solution. the inverter and batt. pack would be the only real obstacles i see. the blade can be worked out with a jack, or since its size is small anyways, i would make a permanent mounted blade. just use a size relationship formula to resize what the length would be for blade on that size hilt. its what i did with a green acrylic blade i put in my yoda saber. its actual size hilt, and figuring the size of it to blade length, i came up with around 24 inches for blade. unfortuantely, a 9 volt wont fit in hilt and neither will the inverter, so makin a el setup in it actual size was a bit hard to do.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

i have thought about doing a tiny el saber for my robosapien. i would use an inverter like i bought when i first got started a year ago, it was only about an inch and 1/4" thisk, but it would only power 3-7 feet, which would be fine for a mini saber.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber