Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Obi-Wan, disassembly

Default Hasbro Obi-Wan, disassembly

Ok, maybe I'm retarded but I can't get the top off the Hasbro ROTS saber. I figure it should twist off but it doesn't. Anyone help with this? I don't want to break the damn thing but I feel like I want to.

do you need the body? cause if you don't get out th BFH-900! (for those noobs out ther that is the sledge hammer)
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by Mewgen View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm retarded but I can't get the top off the Hasbro ROTS saber. I figure it should twist off but it doesn't. Anyone help with this? I don't want to break the damn thing but I feel like I want to.
    On most of the Hasbro sabers I have gutted that part is glued in place, and not just a little bit but like glue was going out of style and they had to use all the glue they had left on that one part.

In short, a hacksaw has been my friend.

Default force

the force action lightsabers were a little better. I just needed to use some force and needle nose pliers. A few wires did come loose but the membranes covering the speakers were not damaged.

I see... well that just stinks.

i threw mine up in the air and then hit it with a bat it broke right open. It took about 3 that is 3 different sabers to get one that didn't break the sound board...however this is not a wise idea...but still fun as hell!
    ...YUP!

Default anger

anger...hatred...consumed by the darkside this one is!

Maybe you could wear the glue down by using a hair dryer on it.

Of course, this runs the risk of melting the plastic, so be carfeul with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Starkiller View Post
    Maybe you could wear the glue down by using a hair dryer on it.

Of course, this runs the risk of melting the plastic, so be carfeul with it.
    The glue seems to be a plastic glue rather than a contact cement so it actually welds the two pieces together.

If you really want to keep the hilt as intact as possible the best thing to do would be to carefully cut where the ring meets the hilt with a fine saw blade until it
    s juuuuust breaking through to the blade (you will probably nick the blade but if you plan to reassemble this that will be hidden), give it a twist to break the last connection and slide it forward off the blade.

you could then rebuild the saber either using short bits of plastic or aluminum to screw/rivet the ring back on, or use a similar plastic adhesive to weld the ring back on. It won't be ideal but a good plastic glue leaves the joint stronger than the surrounding plastic.

alternately these things can be had cheaply enough still that you could just pick up a second one for your collection/to give to your kid/just to have and hack this one apart with abandon and glee.

For some reason the baseball bat trick intrigues me the most...