Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thinkgeek "custom handmade" sabers....lol

I can see 139 for the hilt as parks custom machining is top notch, and very detailed but he appears to have gone strait for a component blade... can someone please go smack him on the head and tell him to get with the times?

I got nothing against component blade systems, they look awsome if done right, but if you're going to advertise duelability on for a component blade you're lying.

edit: was looking around the sight, cheap jedi robe for people on a budget here
    Last edited by Darth_DevilGuy; 10-08-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I believe Hasid is saying it's old news. I don't think it's that old though... he first showed them at San Diego Comic Con. July I think???

I'm not suprised he went with the string though. Same as MR it's a liability. If you make it THAT durable someone is bound to test the limits. They'll be like ... "Oh, it can take that, let me hit XYZ." The breaking strip will let them know they went too far.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

One Hasid translator:

He's either saying it's old news, or he wants some milk...

I heard the announcement for these afew months back, but $140 for a blade is too much. I love his stuff, but No! Bad Jeff!!! (smacks him on nose with rolled up news paper)

He know's we want to beat each other with these things, he needs to make them durable.
    At the last Shindig, we couldn't play with DarkDuv's double helix properly coz I know how much those damn EL blades are!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Hmm... remembering what these hilts cost this doesn't actually seem like too bad a deal. These traditionally go for like $250+ right? Or am I missing something?

Iam just saying that It's old hat already, What they are doing is new yes but the news has been out for months as in the majority of people know already. Which means its already been said which means you should search.

This has been a hasid public service announcement, we will now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Well I had heard nothing about it and didn't see any previous post here about it so it was brand shiny new news to me.

Actually I went to thinkgeek fairly recently to see if their MR prices had dropped and didn't find these so I am either rather oblivious (I'm not ruling that out) or this wasn't quite as obvious as it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    One Hasid translator:

you forgot the bit about the babel fish effectively removing all barriers to communication thus starting more and bloodier wars than anything else in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbat
    Hmm... remembering what these hilts cost this doesn't actually seem like too bad a deal. These traditionally go for like $250+ right? Or am I missing something?
    yeah but they come with blades, he sells extra blades for $79 a piece so I think it is a markdown on the hilt, though it may not have electronics, but a 200% markup on the blades...

i saw this awhile ago. thought id leave it to someone else to post this.
    Visit Star Wars Space

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The reason the hilts are less and the blades are more is because the circuitry is in the blade. The hilt is just the shell, battery pack and 1/4" plug. The blade is what contains the circuits: they scroll -successfully- and strobe.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Anyone have a Hasid translator?

For some reason it's always funnier when Tim dishes out the snitz...

These blades are cool, but I agree with everyone else one the price. You can build a ENTIRE MHS saber for the cost of one of Parks' new LED blades.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!