Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Inverter: Dangerous

Default plasma

I think it depends on the type of plasma. Plasma was originally discovered on the surface of the sun so you could imagine that end of the spectrum. Newer research has brought about the advent of cold plasmas which tend to be on the safer side. There is actually a plasma needle which can target infectious organisms on the skin.

US military has developed plasma "cloaks" which use cold plasma to hide from enemy radar. In case some one is really motivated and feels like building a cloaked millennium falcon

I am starting simple so I would not expect much and was originally thinking of a plasma cutter but the voltage requirements are still to high for that. I won't be disappointed if it won't cut anything because my first goal is to control the physical properties of the plasma.

Cold Plasma-Hot Plasma, it really doesn't make any difference at this point. It takes a whole building with Computers and Power Supplies to make a Plasma Window, Plasma Tube or even the Cold Plasma Shield/Cloak and they still have to contain it inside a glass vessel.

This issue was presented on the History Channel when they aired the Documentary about Star Wars Tech. The Plasma Window was only 2 inches in diameter, the Plasma Blade/Tube was endless and was being manipulated by Magnetism. Even the Shield/Cloak was inside a Glass Dome. I really would like to see somebody accomplish this, but as you stated earlier we are just not up to the Tech required to accomplish this yet.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Default Kudos

All great inventions came from someone doing something that everyone else said could't be done. Good luck and continue to follow through. You never know what you might find out.
    Eventually you figure it out

A good start to answers to your first questions =http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=6430
    The road to knowledge lies in reading

Now imagine a world where these lightsabers can be bought at a gun store..*shivers*
    think of how many people would lose limbs or worse because they screwed up a saber spin or "we were just dueling like in the movies..."
    Scary thoughts....

Default funny

that is really really funny. The "right to bear arms" as laid out in the constitution was for forming a militia in wartime. A lot of crazy Americans have stockpiled guns and ammo and the U.S. government has never changed the policies because guns and ammo generate huge revenue. This huge revenue is used to "influence" politicians. Science and technology are ambiguous and can be made to do harm as well as good. So, if a plasma cutter is used for something other than the purpose intended (i.e. cutting metal) then I won't be held responsible for it's misuse which is why I stated at the beginning and in the topic heading that this is dangerous. I am investigating a science and some of it's hazards so I know how to work with it safely

Xwingbanned

A good ol Katana at your side is all you need to kill those stupid jedi nerds that swing useless polycarb tubes around.

Default swing

that may be true but harming another individual is a big no no.

Quote Originally Posted by swear000 View Post
    that is really really funny. The "right to bear arms" as laid out in the constitution was for forming a militia in wartime. A lot of crazy Americans have stockpiled guns and ammo and the U.S. government has never changed the policies because guns and ammo generate huge revenue. This huge revenue is used to "influence" politicians. Science and technology are ambiguous and can be made to do harm as well as good. So, if a plasma cutter is used for something other than the purpose intended (i.e. cutting metal) then I won't be held responsible for it's misuse which is why I stated at the beginning and in the topic heading that this is dangerous. I am investigating a science and some of it's hazards so I know how to work with it safely
    You can have my "arms" when you pry them from my cold dead hands, and no that's not a joke. The right to bear arms isn't there simply because the founding fathers needed armed infantrymen, they could have gotten that better by confiscating everyone's guns and then recruiting more soldiers they had problems getting enough guns powder and ammo, while most frontiersmen of the time kept ample supplies for their own private use.

The reason Americans have the RIGHT to bear arms is central to the revolutionary philosophy on which our nation was founded, that being, if a government fails to serve the people they have the responsibility to rise up and install a new government which better serves the populace, even if armed revolution is necessary to dislodge those in power. The Right to bear arms exists in order that the American people will always have that final resort, unfortunately many if not most of my countrymen have been seduced by silver tongued politicians who promise them that their blood sweat and tears will never be necessary to water the tree of liberty.

sorry for the derail, but I'm feeling particularly sour today...

Default new installment

A new government had needed to be installed for years but it was never done and now the American people are suffering. There should be more civilized ways of settling disputes anyway. Most disputes come from lack of communication or need for further clarification more than anything else. Anyway, these types of arguments are circular, endless, and pretty much pointless. I would rather move forward with new and unexplored technology.

Hey try it if it dosn't work the first time try something else. (hey at least someone would be trying.) 100 mistakes is 100 new possibilites.