Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The "Black Chelonian"

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Red face The "Black Chelonian"

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you who gave input for this saber! Here is the link to the opinion thread-->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6092

It is a project that satrted months ago, and ended as a tester for a new type of LED driver (700mA, variable btwn 690 and 710mA) from sureelectronics--->http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...l%3FMyEbayBeta

It is a stunt saber.

Here is the video link--->http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_3471.flv

Here are the pix:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Oh very nice. You have a control box that you push the plate down to turn it on and off, that's really awesome. Could you share how you did it?

That's a really nice saber there.

Maverick

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    Oh very nice. You have a control box that you push the plate down to turn it on and off, that's really awesome. Could you share how you did it?

That's a really nice saber there.

Maverick
    The box is from a 616 saber (thanks to xwingband). I cut it down, took it apart, attached it to the pommel section, drilled out the original internal hole to 3/8" and set my switch. Then I cut the tab off of the original button from the box (the one that went down through the original hole to activate the 616 board), replaced the springs, popped the button back on. Now when you push the button, it in turn pushes the TCSS latching switch inside the box. It sounds a little confusing, but the control box is basically a shell over a regular TCSS switch. You just have to drill it out inside enough to cover the switch.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 10-04-2008 at 10:00 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Good job! That's a very unique looking saber there. I like it!

Nice work on the control box too. Those 616 parts are pretty useful after all.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Nice work on the control box too. Those 616 parts are pretty useful after all.
    Thanks ODKG!!!!!!
    Yeah, I am learning to disguise them very well (wait until I post the Luke/obi-wan hybrid I am working on now! there are some hidden ones there too that really add to it!)

lol you dont need magic to fit a sound card m'lord, merely a smaller battery. The lithium ions might fit.
    - I must warn you, I'm very good at backflips... Flip Flip Flip, LAVA LAVA LAVA!!! Hmmm, seems I've overshot my mark.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dandura View Post
    lol you dont need magic to fit a sound card m'lord, merely a smaller battery. The lithium ions might fit.

What you say is true, but I was referring to the more simple process of adding a soundboard to it rather than totally gutting and re-doing it. BTW there really is not a good place for a speaker either, unless you were to machine out the pommel or change the pommel entirely. That comment was meant for the fleaBay crowd! I would never try to sell it to you guys/gal! LOL(you could all make it yourselves!)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Post Mortem on this one. It sold today too (the same guy bought it that bought Reconciliation, wow!) Thanks to all of you who gave your input on its build! I am glad it found a home where it can be enjoyed!