Thread: Using a MR FX tube in a MHS hilt?

Lightbulb Using a MR FX tube in a MHS hilt?

I am wondering if it would be feasible to take the innards of a (in this case Yoda) MR FX lightsaber, tube and all and insert it into a MHS hilt.

Then just adding a new switch and wiring the Lux III directly to the board.

Is this possible?

Or would I need a sink tube?

Will the board properly run the Lux III without a buckpuck?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs down

Man, Have you read ANYTHING on this forum????
    Yes, yes, no, yes. (you need to spend a few hours with the search function, heck just click and read, you could not possibly miss the answers to your questions!)
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Question I have read

I have read and searched on this forum, there just isn't much concerning the Yoda FX.

Now, what I am planning does involve taking the black casing inside the Yoda's hilt and sliding it into my MHS hilt.

This does include using the FX battery/speaker pack as well...

Just so we're clear, this will fit, right?

Also, will the 3 AAA's that go in the Yoda's battery/speaker pack effectively run the Lux III?
    Last edited by Boomsticksweets; 10-04-2008 at 06:49 PM.

As stated previously, yes, the innerts of the Yoda should fit. Now depending on the LUX III that you will use it sould also run that as well..the three batteries. Remember these are 3 AAA batteries so your runtime may degrade quickly. You can always make a battery pack up to 6 volts..anything more than 6 volts will fry your Yoda board.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The clash sensor is a bit%# to get out of a yoda intact unless you are very very good. Might I suggest a Vader or Anakin (MUCH easier to take apart intact) and you'd be able to use the AA battery pack. Save your yoda for another project.

BTW, 87 seconds with the search function yielded this link from within a post here at TCSS which will likely be very helpful to you--->http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7167.30
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 10-08-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!