Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Could this conversion be any worse?

Default Could this conversion be any worse?

My MR Luke ROTJ was acting a bit funny... not always powering on. I took it apart this morning to take a closer look. This is what I found:

An awesome conversion done by someone without a soldering iron or heat source to shrink down the shrink tube over the wire connections. The wires weren't even twisted into tight spirals before "attaching" them to the others.

The spaghetti man strikes again. Who the F**K converted is like that?!?!? They should be SHOT!

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I kid you not; that is exactly what it looked like when I opended up the two halves of the MR black housing tube the board is attached to. Not sure if the unsoldered wire ends or the shrink tube made me laugh harder.

To me it looks like one of them DIY conversion kits you can get that reuses the stock MR bladeholder and blades, now I cant tell but is that a full metal bladeholder?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

One other observation, where is the shock sensor that's supposed to be attached to the positive lead?
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Not laughing at you... just the fact that whoever did that thought that it was an "acceptable" or even "adequate" means - oh my christ... I actually am laughing my blank off....

hoo.... Yeah, that sucks. heehee

I've opened up some saber hilts that -had I taken pictures- would absolutely destroy certain reputations... It truly is sad (or funny) sometimes...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow, where'd you buy that? Off of evilbay?

What audacity to sell something that horribly done!

He could have at least used a cigarette lighter on the heat shrink. That would have hidden his lack of soldering, and probably kept the the connections together a little longer.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Wow, where'd you buy that? Off of evilbay?

What audacity to sell something that horribly done!

He could have at least used a cigarette lighter on the heat shrink. That would have hidden his lack of soldering, and probably kept the the connections together a little longer.
    "Audacity" yes yes, good word... that or sheer "apathy"... it just kills me THE HEAT SHRINK ISN'T EVEN SHRUNK!!! OMG!! I'm rolling again...

Thats a mace or a luke board and the sensor is mounted on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    One other observation, where is the shock sensor that's supposed to be attached to the positive lead?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Default Thinking

The person who did that must have been thinking, "Let me incorporate this sound module with a luxeon led...red wire to red wire...ah...screw it...."