Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

That's also happenned to me too. My solution was the same as yours, but IDK why it did it or how that fixed it. I've only ran across this problem once, and I've formatted CF SD cards a hundred times or more.

Make sure the little plastic slider (very very tiny on the SD) is not in the wrong position.

For those who remember write protection for "floppies" back in the 5.25" and 3.5" days... this is in some ways--similar.

The problem with some little SDs is... the slider is not some amazing piece of architecture, and after it getting "banged around" in a saber a zillion times, returning to the reader (to hook to PC), going back into CF, back into the saber enough times... sometimes the little slider freaks out.

I've had this happen as well, and... you sometimes just have to jiggle it, heheh

(although I don't know if this belongs here in the "CF bugs" section, heheh. In fact--this has nothing to do with CF at all really... )
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Make sure the little plastic slider (very very tiny on the SD) is not in the wrong position.
    correct, this happened to me only very recently, I got a loose micro SD adapter, the write protection slider was moving too freely. I ended gluing this one with cyanoacrylate
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

It's not really a bug but maybe a feature you'd like to see evolving : refering to the discussion about madhatter saber (10W ledengin, freaking blinking leds everywhere), some would like to have the aux flash control output activated during the WHOLE lockup, not during the initial blade clash.

I was thinking about having an additionnal parameter or re using an existing one to select the aux flash behavior during the lockup so that the user can still choose, then I'll make a 4.2 version of the firmware.

any thoughts about that ?
    Erv'
    Props Electronics

Sounds good to me. I didn't realize it didn't do that already since I haven't gotten to the point of hooking up the board yet.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I thik today I'll have the time to build up the last feature discussed above (new parameter to have permanent aux flash during lockup).
    I have a spare CF to test this in my bag, I'll post here and in the other thread as well as soon as it's done !
    Erv'
    Props Electronics

Ooooh, that sounds great!

If you feel like it... while you're at it, you might try allowing the flicker/pulse settings to affect the powerup/down ramps as well... although that's really not a big deal.

To make this sound more clear... if you have a lot of flicker/pulse set for the saber mode... when you power it on, you still have a very smooth ramping (naturally)... but perhaps it could be told as a parameter to behave more like the "hum" stage.

I understand that upon FIRST initial powerup... this would be too dangerous to implement (since CF is figuring out the LED at this time)...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

That would mean the CF has nearly all the movie accurate features! How about a "random ignition" feature? 4 ignition sounds of choice (And like in the movie) Its a different one every time you ignite your saber

Thanks for the update Erv!

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

if V5 can afford a real time sound mixing (and not pre mixed sounds), then having multiple ignition sounds will be possible ! However, a few tricks in the pre mixing process can give pretty good results anyway, and then the random selection is just a set of 3 or 4 lines of code.

flicker during ignition : still difficult to do if you want to match the ignition sound duration. An override mode could be set though, like fixed duration for the ignition effect but with flicker.
    Flickering is then tricky cause you still have to follow the ramp defined by brake and slope (2 parameters). Adding random could work but might not produce the exact flicker setup with the parameters of the configuration file. That's a start anyway, it's still better than a smooth ramp, then switching to flicker.
    The best algorithm for this is the "drunk" one (ref to a max/msp object). You define a starting point and ending point and "walk drunk" : you'll end to the destination, but with various steps backward and forward.
    Props Electronics

Those would be really cool if they can be squeezed into the code. The multiple start and end sounds is a great idea particularly.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.