Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

That's a really good point... on anything like a 256mb card or > ... you have a ton of unused space.

Although I imagine other things could be stored there if you like.

Myself, I just put really large files in the first place (long hum sounds that don't repeat very much... long "menu" background, etc.)... and also super long music tracks (sometimes "doubling up" for the track with 2+ songs).

It's possible that v5 won't have this limitation. In fact... when I was first thinking about my Ns5 board design... I wanted it to be able to handle as many clashes or swings as were put in a particular directory. Random number chosen from 1 to "how many files are there". So you could have 256 clashes... or 1. Up to you--within reason.

But... we'll see what Erv has planned.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Not even sure if this is the right place but I see this as a bug.

Ok this all started out with a discussion on if anyone was making a gundam beam saber style font, Then I got to wondering if newer fonts will work on older CF's.

I have a 2.5 and if someone made a font to work with 4.1 CF will it work on a 2.5?

Jay said he would try it and it worked by taking the older CF config files and the newer sound font and removed the extra font files that isn't required on the older CF like the extra blaster and force sounds. It worked but he is unable to enter the menu, it just beeps at him.

Is something being done wrong? card was formatted and such but its just not letting jay into the menu.

If your lost you can check the shoutbox history and see what we are talking about.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...php?do=archive
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

It may be the SD card, Hasid...let me try putting the defaults on it to be sure that isn't the issue...but the question is a good one...can newer fonts be used on older CF's by removing the extra files, suc as blaster2, blaster3, etc. and force2?

EDIT:
    The default settings and fonts worke on the SD card....it's possible I was simply missing a file somewhere, too....I'm far from being an expert on the CF board.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 01-16-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

If you have Novastar's CD, you can get all the sounds preconfigured in any version of CF you have.
    If you do not have the CD, what you can do, is load the soundfont you want(deleating extra's that the board cannot support), and then simply copy and paste your default config files from any of the default soundfonts you have to the new config file, and it should work like a charm.

Remember, do all this in a separate folder, then copy and paste the contents of the whole folder into the previously formatted SD card.
    Last edited by killphil; 01-16-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks phil, I dont have the 40 or so bucks to spend on novas cd so I got to do things the hard way as usual.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Remember, if you are loading a updated CF font with extra blasters or force, then you need to rename whatever force and blaster effect you keep to simply blaster.raw and force.raw instead of blaster3.raw or whatever the file is named.

Entering the menu can be different on older versions of CF.

Older versions = hold aux... wait... CF BEEPS... release aux, quickly depress it again... enter the menu

Newer versions = hold aux... wait... enter the menu

I don't remember when it was implemented. Definitely after v2.61, and certainly before v4.1.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    It may be the SD card, Hasid...let me try putting the defaults on it to be sure that isn't the issue...but the question is a good one...can newer fonts be used on older CF's by removing the extra files, suc as blaster2, blaster3, etc. and force2?

EDIT:
    The default settings and fonts worke on the SD card....it's possible I was simply missing a file somewhere, too....I'm far from being an expert on the CF board.
    Maybe you accidently missed a menu.raw file when you copied it.

I did that once and had the same problem you described.

HEY. I just saw Jay-Gonn's edits, hahahahah!

Well... yeah, if you're MISSING a file--uh... that will mess things up.

If that is the case... here are the files that should be seen... for V2.5 in the "root" directory (that is... NOT the "bank" folders):

7 total objects

boot.raw
    one.raw
    two.raw
    three.raw
    four.raw
    player.raw
    menu.raw

That's it. v2.5 does *NOT* have six banks, nor does it have a "menu background" sound. You may be in the menu without knowing it, depending on what the "menu.raw" sound is.

LOL Hasid... the CD would really help you. But... I understand not having the money to get things.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I've hit a bit of a snag. I'm trying to format the SD card. I'm doing everything according to the manual, but when I hit ok then it pops up a message saying that the disk is "write protected"

I've got no idea what to do

EDIT: Weird, I took the micro sd out and put it back in and now it works again
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 01-17-2009 at 05:38 PM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!