Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

lol,
    well, V4 is over now, I mean, I might keep a few PCBs as spare parts or for personnal projects during the V5 design, but so far, since v1, many bugs and hardware details have been fixed, upgraded, improved. Honnestly, V4 is REALLY stable. My only current problem is the microcontroller, I can't figure out when I'm soldering them but *some* of them have a fragile on/off or aux button input. It's fine during the test then some people will end with a board that isn't responding to the on/off control, after soldering the switch.
    Excess of ESD is a possibility and... awful soldering guns. Think about investing in a 50 USD smd soldering station, and please NEVER use any sort of soldering so-called "gun" (pistol shape).
    Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

I'm planning to get myself a Metcal station before I touch my CF with an iron.
    Ya don't work on a Rolls Royce with Wal*Mart tools!
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I'm looking forward to seeing what stuff you come up with for V5!! I mean... sure, we spoke a bit, and I threw out a few more ideas, but... honestly, I'm starting to run out of "legitimate" ideas...

...unless CF doing my taxes *IS* feasible. In which case, I'll happily pay $300 for a board, hahahah.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

make it my cell phone and yeah i'd pay whatever!
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    lol,
    well, V4 is over now, I mean, I might keep a few PCBs as spare parts or for personnal projects during the V5 design, but so far, since v1, many bugs and hardware details have been fixed, upgraded, improved. Honnestly, V4 is REALLY stable.
    I forget which version of CF I have (I got it awhile ago...) but I think it's pretty stable too. V4 must be insanely stable if you're only just now considering CF to be stable haha

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

I honestly have nothing in the way of suggestions for improvements to the CF line. It already does more than anything else out there and does it far better. No surprise it sells out in record time each and every time. No matter how many of these I put together, I still get a little thrill each time one boots up in a new saber. It's like I want to shout:

"It's alive! It's alive!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    I honestly have nothing in the way of suggestions for improvements to the CF line. It already does more than anything else out there and does it far better. No surprise it sells out in record time each and every time. No matter how many of these I put together, I still get a little thrill each time one boots up in a new saber. It's like I want to shout:

"It's alive! It's alive!"
    I actually do that...does that make me a geek?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I got my first CF out of this last batch that Erv did, and I can’t even begin to express how impressed I am by it. I’ve been playing with it non-stop and all my other projects have taken a back seat.

Fantastic job, Erv! You are to be truly congratulated Sir!

And Novastar, your sound fonts are awesome and give a life of it’s own to CF. I can understand the amount of work that goes into them and you are to be commended for your love of this hobby.

Offering suggestions on improvements is a difficult task, but if I had to, all I could offer would be a glimpse into the future.

I imagine a saber that has a USB port of sorts built into the hilt where you plug it directly into a computer. From there you have a software program where you can setup all your fonts, configurations and downloads and even charge your batteries. All CF come with stereo sound and a specially designed RBG led and optics that allow any of a million different color choices and there’s even a digital simulation of a saber and blade in the program where you can see and hear all your configurations changes prior to downloading them to the saber. With gig’s of storage space, the possibilities are endless.

Thank you Guys for all your hard work and love of the hobby.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I actually do that...does that make me a geek?
    Yes. But no more than the rest of us...

Thumbs up

I'm new to the CF, but I've definitely become a believer since getting my v4.1! To echo the rest, it's hard to find room for improvement. However, I will say that it would be nice to be able to load more sound banks onto a single microSD card. The vast majority of the card's space is unused, so I assume there is some CF limitation that is the issue here?