Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

I swear, one of these days I'm gonna get my hands on a CF4...

Though I bet it'll be around the time CF5 comes out. *headdesk*

What happened to your one cf you had? Iam waiting to get mine back from being upgraded.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Well, I still haven't tried to do much with it since I screwed it up, so I could build experience with the US2. Currently, all my saber stuff is in the hands of the United States Postal Service, en route to Fort Bliss where it will await my return next month.

Exclamation

ok folks, new bug found. Another tricky one.

Madcow mentionned he had some sort of pitch down fx / sound slowing down a bit but only with long sounds and only in the last second of the sound.
    I'm currently trying to improve the quality of the CF sound as well as my other boards since they are sharing the same audio pipeline / engine.

It took me like 3-4 hours of debugging but I finally found indeed why I had this problem, due to non constant timing in interrupt processing. I also found a few other timing problem leading to delayed samples, but only on 1 or 2 consecutive samples, it's almost not audible. However, it tends to create harmonics when you play a quite pure, sinewave like hum sound for instance.

This should be fixed in 4.2 / 4.3.
    I know that you guys are starving of CF, but please be sure I'm working hard to complete my shop and go back to production (and be your soldering slave once again !)

Erv'
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Solder faster, Minion!!!!! LOL!!!!

I wanna get my hands on one, much as I love my 1.2, it's time for an upgrade!!!

Once the bugs are fixed, i'll grab one if I can get onto your site in time...
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

(sigh.) i just hope i can get my hand on one before i ship out for the Navy Seals...
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

I have 3 sabers waiting on sound. However, I am also waiting on money. I have resorted to temporarily wiring them for illumination until I get the boards. Without sound, a saber is just a flashlight. Am I right? Since I am fairly new here, I first noticed the US boards, however, the more I read/see the more I think the CF is a better board. Especially with the SD chip.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

OK, here's the problem. I have a CF 4.0. It's been installed in the same saber for nearly a year now. Only minor things that are easily remedied, but all in all, it's been working great.

Few days ago, I swapped out a couple fonts, double checked all my files and configs, all was alright. I've played around with it for a few more days until the battery indicator started flashing tonight.

I recharged it, and once it was done, I took it and did my usual spiinuing it in the living room, activating the clash by hitting it against the couch and recliner Nothing too hard or oput of the ordinary, and suddenly the board freezes up on me while doing a clash. The blade is still on but no response from the buttons. Then it just reboots itself.

I rebooted the saber again any way and tried it out. Same thing happens. I went thru all the fonts, some have instant on, while others don't. All fonts are doing this to me if a trigger the clash. It usually freezes up after about the 2nd to 4th clash. Not hitting it that hard either, and I know I've hit it harder than that in the past, so what gives?

I just got done reformatting my carrd about 10 times and am about to knit the thing back together again and see if this does the trick.

Anybody know what I'm talking about and what the problem could most likely be? Hope someone can chime in on this. Thanks.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Mine did the same thing, but it happened when I dropped the saber. (Imagine my horror.) I think the mini-SD card was making poor contact in it's holder.

Make sure the contacts on the card are clean. You may have got oil from your hands on them. Or, the problem may be in the holder. Try inserting and removing the card several times to "freshen up" the contact surfaces. Make sure the kill plug is in when you do this.

Thanks for the advice. I found a small piece of contamination around the SD card holder. I also cleaned up my switch wiring, and so far, so good.