Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

Exclamation Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

I thought it would be a nice way for group bug hunting and fixing to have this stickied. Feel free to add bugs you found. This is NOT a trouble shooting thread for CF. Post here ONLY if you really think you found an bug. Be sure to clearly describe it with accuracy. I'll edit the thread and the bug / fix list.

Erv'

Let's start with a bunch of bugs of the past, that will be fixed on the next batch of CF (aka 4.1)

- Erratic pulse + flicker combo fx values, hard to obtain the expected fx
    [fixed] : use of an int instead of a long var in the code leading to int overflow (modulo 3276. [Fixed on 4.1]

- can't access the menu anymore. My last mod in the config.txt file was to set mute parameter to 1.
    Last selected bank & configuration file is selected before accessing the menu and... stupidely the mute settings isn't overriden.
    You can still "blind select" the next sound font in which mute is disabled, and confirm with the aux button. Or set mute back to 0 in the configuration file.
    [Fixed] : mute is disabled during vocal menu access.

- Force Clash doesn't follow the "blaster priority" settings on the configuration file. When set to 1, the blaster parameter asks CF to wait for the end of a blaster / force / force clash sound file before accepting a swing. This is great for playing with a long blaster deflection SF and not getting the long "sound track" cut on the first swing you make. Works for Blaster and Force sound fx, but not force clash, in which an blade impact often makes the hilt "bump back" and trigger a swing. [Fixed] - Added the proper flag in the decision tree.

- clash flash fx not enabled during lockup (at start of the lockup aka initial blade contact) [Fixed] . The aux clash output goes on when lockup starts and lasts the duration configured in the config file (auxflashduration)
    Some would like to have the aux flash control output activated during the WHOLE lockup, not during the initial blade clash. Not really a bug, but I could make a variant on this parameter, see discussion page 4. Added parameter xflashl (aux flash during lockup). Set to 1, the aux clash flash output stays on during the whole lockup until the aux button is released. [FIXED]

- New bug : if destination current can't be obtained during blade ignition (low batteries / high Vf luxeon like a lux V) AND quick on is selected AND it's the first startup, the ignition fx engine isn't lauching the hum sound after the poweron sound is played (silly case isn't it ?). [FIXED]

- May '09 : new bug found on the audio engine. Mad Cow actually mentionned this to me a while ago but it does that on long sound ONLY. A long hum sound or a few seconds long blaster blocking sequence tend to pitch down a bit within the last second of the sound. It's due to non constant sample rate in the playback interrupt.
    I've reworked the audio engine on another of my boards, Droïd Core, and I will port it to CF asap. to be fixed

- August '09 : clash flash mini bug, stays on if initiated then followed immedialty with a power off. Power on resets the hing. FIXED in 4.3
    Last edited by erv; 08-22-2009 at 04:38 AM.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Arrow

For the MODs, could someone sticky this one, I think it could be useful, thanks.
    Erv'
    Props Electronics

Thanks Tim! I appreciate it...

Regarding bugs... hey folks, I *JUST* found that one Erv mentioned about the "force2" thing yesterday, so... don't be afraid to mention something that you REALLY have been able to replicate.

Granted... it's going to be all about needles in haystacks now. Not going to be easy to locate bugs on CF v4 anymore.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

we have the haystack and needles thing in france too, I also like "cutting the rancor hair in 4 (all over the lenght)"
    Details & minor bugs fixing but I give some importance to those anyway.
    Thanks Tim for making this one as a sticky !
    Props Electronics

Anyone?
    Anyone?
    Bueller? ... ... Bueller?

Not... one... person?
    Not... one... finger?
    Very well then... I go on.

heheh... seriously, has anyone found any strange "bugs" whilst wiring your new v4.1 CF boards?
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Silence can be a good news, once for a while
    Props Electronics

I guess this means you need to sell more v4.x boards so we all do more "debugging"

Edwin Tracy (Eandori)

- Official Plecter Labs USA station for repairs and firmware upgrades, Ultrasound soon!
    - Occasional completed Lightsabers for sale there!

Either that or... hmm, I'd imagine many people are taking their time to wire them up?

I personally know of about 3 or 4 people who have had some CF for almost a year or so and haven't completed their sabers, hahahah!

I volunteer to take one for a free trial period... say, a year... and put it to extensive use and tell you how it went. he he

hahahahahh! Well... it seems we *should* have a bunch of "experiments" with the latest buyers... ~80 or ~90 folks who bought CF on November 8th...