Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Focus 4.x and beyond Bug list & Fix

UH-OH!!!

Just as an FYI:

* The .PDF manuals all read "idleflashing" (all versions)
    * The actual default config files read "idlePULSING" (from v2.5 forward!!)
    * I think Erv programmed it "idlePULSING" ... in fact, I'm 98% sure of it
    * Sooo... I'll test that for 100%... and if so... it's:

... never mind, Novastar got it "wrong-right" the FIRST time!!!

~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

we all make mistakes, lol.

cant wait to get this thing speakered up, Im goin nuts!!!

"During the constuction there was no doubt as to what I would name her, this saber is mine, this is Fury" - Mcich Felwind

FAT = FAT16

default package has switch=0 so saber starts immediatly if the activation pad isn't grounded or tied to a momentary.
    Now that works, you can start copying back your config.txt to get the saber working like before.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    FAT = FAT16

default package has switch=0 so saber starts immediatly if the activation pad isn't grounded or tied to a momentary.
    Now that works, you can start copying back your config.txt to get the saber working like before.
    For the record, all of this is covered in my CD video tutorials (NSCFCD#1), Mcich.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I take it this is the de-facto troubleshooting guide for CF4? If so, I was hoping some of you might help me on this problem I've been seeing for quite a while now.

Have any of you ever gotten a complete power shut down while dueling? I'm talking mild-moderate dueling. No crazy stuff.

The short happens in both my CFs and it seems to be a pressure thing. A strong whack from another saber will make it crash or short or whatever. It always boots back up fine, sometimes requiring a kill key, other time not. It's so very annoying when it keeps happening.

Any of that sound familiar in anyway? If so, what would be the most likely (if there even is one) cause.

Any tips or advice would be great.

I can provide more specific info if needed.

Thanks -Phil
    Last edited by killphil; 10-10-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killphil View Post
    I take it this is the de-facto troubleshooting guide for CF4? If so, I was hoping some of you might help me on this problem I've been seeing for quite a while now.

Have any of you ever gotten a complete power shut down while dueling? I'm talking mild-moderate dueling. No crazy stuff.

The short happens in both my CFs and it seems to be a pressure thing. A strong whack from another saber will make it crash or short or whatever. It always boots back up fine, sometimes requiring a kill key, other time not. It's so very annoying when it keeps happening.
    Thanks -Phil
    does it "freeze" with the luxeon staying on, then no sound, and reboot after one second ?
    Props Electronics

Yep, that's it right there.

Though sometimes, like I noted, it doesn't come back on so I have to reboot with the kill key, but yeah, that's basically it.

then it's because the SD card isn't sitting properly in the sd holder. You might add a piece of clear tape on the top of the card to make it thicker.
    Of course, if your CF isn't installed in a craddle or a chassis and it's moving in the saber, nothing can be done (holding the board by a foam sandwich isn't an option neither)
    Props Electronics

I don't have a cradle per say, but in one saber, the board is secured on top of the battery pack for a very snug fit. The board has been reinforced with mylar strips on either side of the CF to prevent any metal contact.

On the other, there is a length of poly C tube insulating the inner hilt, and the board has just enough clearance to fit tightly, but it won't move at all once properly secured.

So just a piece of scotch tape or something? I'll give that a shot and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help, Erv.

How about this... I have my 4.2 setup with a pretty extreme pitch shift and when I turn it on the sound takes about 2 secs to orient to the correct position... instead of turning on and being instantly aware of what direction it's pointed in....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com