Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Premium Speaker newb question.

I'm sure there would be a difference, I've used premium speakers with MR boards, but never an MR speaker with an MR board.
    The key things is that the MR sabers don't have ANY resonance, so I'm not sure.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

The difference will be minimul at best as its been said before the issue your trying to solve is bad resonance(space behind and in front of the speaker) not necessarily a bad speaker(faulty/cracking/busted), the MR speaker is rated at .5w and the board itself outputs at .5w perfectly mated pair, the tcss speaker is a 1w speaker(yes its better but how much?)and is only drivin at 50%(since thats all she gets from the board). What does that all mean.. well it means it will be a slight(very slight) bit clearer but it will NOT be 1 iota(<-is that a real measurement?) louder.. also to note is sound clarity is not really a super big deal.. I mean the sounds are "huuuuummm" or "wwwhhhhhooooomm" or "clash".. doesnt need to be that clear really

Now next it seems to me by reading your post that what your trying to do is "Replace the speaker itself, from within the original battery pack, in an unconverted or otherwise same as in the store model lightsaber?" If thats the truth I dont recommend you doing this because if its not broken, dont fix it... If you've ever tried to get inside one of those MR battery packs you'll see.. its destroyed, so since the saber still needs that battery pack as well... I dont think this is a good idea. I hope that helps

Dgdve is giving some good advice here...those stock battery packs in everything except the Luke ROTJ and the Mace windu FX's are glued together, and getting them apart usually damages the housing to a point that you will be unable to re use it. The only difference you're likely to notice is in the clarity of the sound, since the premium speaker uses higher quality/different type of magnets in it's construction.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the replies regarding the swap. I brought up the mod because I am replacing the fixed tube and LED's with a P4 or LUX III (if I can find one)...so I will have it all apart anyway.

After I posted this question I was reading up on the FX saber web site. I read about a few guys that modified their original MR 3 AA battery cases. This modification involved removing the plastic "shielding" that covers the wiring, between each of the batteries.
    The covers are pretty easily cut away or pried off, creating a resonance area, to the rear of the speaker. According to what I read, this made the speakers much louder and did not compromise the battery case itself. Cosmetically, the modification can not be seen when everything is all put together.

Anyone else tried this mod?