Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: CF4 10W with the Works - Tons 'o Pics

Default Ledengin 10Watt red

After a small question to Tim, he was able to put some of the Ledengin 10W red LEDs in his shop.
    If somebody wants to get one to give it a try here is the link to the LED:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...?ProductId=347

He ordered them for me and allowed to put the link here.
    Thanks again for your help here, Tim.

The 10 Watt Red is really interesting because it is using less current than green or blue, which means that a 2x2 (2 series x 2 paralell) setup is ok for it. About 6 Volts and 700 milliamps are needed to run 2 dies in series. So 1,4 amps for the 2x2 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Agash View Post
    After a small question to Tim, he was able to put some of the Ledengin 10W red LEDs in his shop.

The 10 Watt Red is really interesting because it is using less current than green or blue, which means that a 2x2 (2 series x 2 paralell) setup is ok for it. About 6 Volts and 700 milliamps are needed to run 2 dies in series. So 1,4 amps for the 2x2 setup.

Oooh, I may give this a try in the future. I got some anakin and vader conversions I wanna do.

Quote Originally Posted by ari-jaq xulden View Post
    okay for those of you interested, i got my hands on a few of these speakers.
    they are quite large, they will NOT fit in a mhs section. they will fit in a 1.5" sink tube (see pics)and for those metal workers out there who like to experiment, a reaming of the sw 616 pommel might work.anyway here is the link i bought seven at $7.00 + paid $18.00 for shipping. im selling for $11.00 ea but free shipping. i have 6 available.
    pic1
    pic2
    pic3
    pic4
    pic5

someone sent a pm to me that i didn't have enough info on the speakers. so i am going to give a link that does so, here it is.I still have 3 left on flea bay, and a few days left on auction, if there is anyone else still interested. if not ill keep the extras. hope everyone had a happy Halloween.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

what are the crystal chamber walls cast out of and what glue did you use?
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Quote Originally Posted by ari-jaq xulden View Post
    someone sent a pm to me that i didn't have enough info on the speakers. so i am going to give a link that does so, here it is.I still have 3 left on flea bay, and a few days left on auction, if there is anyone else still interested. if not ill keep the extras. hope everyone had a happy Halloween.
    The speakers are bigger than the inner diameter of the MHS because of those two terminals sticking out. But it does fit in a 1.5" sink tube and the graflex tube. I wonder if you melt off the two terminals and relocate them to the rare if it would damage it.

I think you should be able to do that but you'd probably need to isolate it from the metal magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
    The speakers are bigger than the inner diameter of the MHS because of those two terminals sticking out. But it does fit in a 1.5" sink tube and the graflex tube. I wonder if you melt off the two terminals and relocate them to the rare if it would damage it.

Honestly I don't know about that.I do know I stated in the original post about them that they would not fit in a mhs section, but they would fit in a sink tube. I even posted pics showing so.I actually have a lathe and a reamer thats 1&13/32 inch that I intend to use to make it fit in the hilt and pommel that I want it to go in.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin View Post
    what are the crystal chamber walls cast out of and what glue did you use?
    I used some RTV rubber to take an impression of the Maul end cap insert, and then used powdered acryllic to make the parts. (Then primed the finished pieces black and dry brushed a few shades of silver.) The crystal is attached with more powdered accryllic that's built up around the LEDs (which you can see in the OP). The chamber walls are glued into hilt with super glue.

Not an ideal material to use by any stretch, but that's what I had on hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Agash View Post

It's not surprising that the reds take less than the greens... it's pretty consistent in the high flux LED world--this is due to the fundamental different chemicals used for green/blue/cyan/white/royal b.... vs. red/red-O-amber.

With a 2x2 setup, you have 2 reddish LEDs @2.95v... and another 2 @ 2.95v. So... yup, about 6v for a moderate current level.

You'd need more like @6.4v (direct drive) for maximum brightness, and probably 7.2v if you were going to use CF or what not...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

the silver part that's on top of the saber. the thing thats on the bottom of the last pic that you put. what is it made from?