Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about blade holder

yes, the old style had 4 bolts to mount the heatsink to holder. and the vader converts are the same. but if he has the MHS style holder he will have to get the adaptor. it really wont work effectively without it.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I thought it mounted with screws also. That's why I thought I may have purchased the wrong one.

I did have him mill it to fit in a sink tube also. I guess I didn't realize I needed the adapter before I ordered.

In the non MHS hilt kit tutorial, the Blade holder doesn't have threads on it, it's meant to be bolted to the hilt. If I get a blade holder that's machined to fit inside a 1.5 sink tube, is it still threaded?
    Also, in the MHS to 1.5in sink tube adaptor, does the threaded part work just like the MHS hilt kit (like picture in tutorial)... what I mean is, does it have just the right amount of space for the LED holder inbetween the Blade holder and the bottom of the threads? Does that make sense?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">does it have just the right amount of space for the LED holder inbetween the Blade holder and the bottom of the threads? Does that make sense?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats exactly what it is designed to do.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Cool... how long is the sink tube adaptor?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

1.5"

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

</center>

Oh, thought that was just the diameter. Got it, thanks a bunch guys.

let us know how it turns out and post some pics.

Will do... just needed that info to finish my main layout... got a few more cosmetic plans to finish, then the ordering process will begin.

happy building!