Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Makototsai's purple LED saber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Dudes, I just finished a string of purple LEDs that I got from Tim (who got them from Makoto) - it's awesome. In person they look incredibly better than I thought they would... even better than the "good" LEDs... or what I thought were "good" LEDs... I'll post pictures later.

Wow. Great to hear. What are you powering them with. How many leds? All in parallel?

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    Dudes, I just finished a string of purple LEDs that I got from Tim (who got them from Makoto) - it's awesome. In person they look incredibly better than I thought they would... even better than the "good" LEDs... or what I thought were "good" LEDs... I'll post pictures later.

thats good to hear eastern, I also have more good new!!! packaging foam works!!!!!

I tryed them out and it hides the corn on the cob awesomly and dosent show any thing, it looks just like a force fx but brighter!!!

heres a pic for the hell of it but you really have to see it in person

---------------

now get this. the foam packaging wrap is basically the same thing as the force fx foam diffuser however in our case we can wrap it more times to make it look better!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That sounds great, Eastern! Can’t wait to see the completed blade.

I’ve been playing with RGB stars trying to get that ultimate purple. I got 1 watt RGB’s! I got 3 watt RGB’s! I got 10 watt RGB’s! I’m using resistors, I’m using buckpucks with adjustable potentiometers, I’m using PWM adjustable drivers, I’m coding PIC chips with all different parameters trying to tweak colors, I’m trying different optics and lens to try to blend the colors…and I still can’t get a better looking purple than shining a simple white Cree XR-E through a medium purple Lee filter.

What a pain it’s been!

Well, like Edison used to say, “least you now know what won’t work”.

And LeMoel, That’s great to hear! I’m going to give Tim’s Led’s a try just to take a break from all this shi…stuff.

I think easten would agree with me when i say the Ultimate purple is in 5mm leds, its movie on

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The first purple I did was spot on. This new LED string is on the pinkish side...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Let me know if I need to order more of these.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

got some green ones but haven't got the time to try yet. I've tried the packaging foam a long time ago, it does work, nothing new, same material as the MR tubing.
    My latest attemp was with the MR foam + uber bright LEDs but I have to benchmark them by comparing with makoto's ones, using the lux meter.
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com

ERRRV! why didnt u tell us along time ago!! haha I guess we never asked??

lol,
    I mentionned that in my LED benchmark thread, when I compared MR, hyperblades and new ladder blades / makoto style
    Props Electronics
    http://www.plecterlabs.com