Thread: Need Help with lens

Unhappy Need Help with lens

I know this keeps coming up but i really can't find the answer.

I can not get the lens holder and the actual lens to fit together. I am really lost now it will not stay flush with lens holder so my blade holder will not screw on all the way.

I have been trying all the things i could find on this site. I have been looking for some help for 2 days.

Is the lens holder siting in the LED star correctly?

I have had this problem as well in the past... I *THINK* it may come from when certain optic lenses get "mixed" with the wrong holders.

In other words, if a HOLDER is for "Lux III"... it may NOT necessarily be workable with a LENS for a "Lux K2".

The problem is: the bloody lenses look nearly IDENTICAL. Chaps my hide. Manufacturers, die, die, die.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

yeah i had a prob once with a 5degree lens not fitin in the L3 holder, i got a 10 degree lens and it fit perfectly. i think Nova's right, they look so similar its sometimes hard to tell till you try and puttem together.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Talking

Ya i have the 5 deg lens with the correct holder for the L3. Damn well then look like i have to wait a little more to get complete my first saber. I want it to be done!!!! I have the rest of the stuff together. But this could fix my problem.

Thank you everyone.

I hope to have my first saber completed soon thanks to you.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

This was discussed elsewhere recently. The lens is just a hair too thick to snap into the little tabs. I had luck filing the edge of the lens down a little. Sometimes there is a little excess plastic under the tabs you can trim out too. If all else fails, you can cut the tabs right off and use a little hot glue or 5 minute epoxy to glue the lens in. Whatever you do, don't use Crazy glue on it. It will fog up the lens.

I know this is a little old, but:

You can just make two vertical notches on each side of the lens holder, as you can see above, right next to the plastic "arms" that hold the lens in place.
    These notches allow the holder's arms to expand in diameter, which allows the larger diameter 5 degree lens to fit properly.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ah, very slick. I'll have to remember that, if anyone I know decides to do a 3/4" blade.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Jouster, nice idea and great pix!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!