Thread: Engraving Symbols

Question Engraving Symbols

Is there any way I could have a symbol engraved into the pommel of a lightsaber?

My friend Adam, who was the XO of my ROTC unit, is graduating boot camp for the NAVY. Him, just like the rest of us, is a major Star Wars fan, and he's always wanted one.
    So, I decided that I'm going to make him a custom lightsaber as a gift. But, I wanted to see if there was any way I could get the this symbol of the NAVY engraved into the pommel?

And if so, where can I get it done, and how much would it cost (est.)?

Tim maybe can do it, if not you could get a MPS insert style 4 and take it to a jeweller who does engraving.
    I saw an engraver tool at Home Depot like two days ago, made by Dremel, but I bet that would take a lot of skill and practice to get it to look right.
    I don't know the price.

I've been playing with the engraver for the dremmel, it's not easy to use, best bet is a jeweler as was said above...

If you want to spend the money and do it yourself:

http://www.etching-metal.com/

Really cool kit and you can do your own designs on the computer etc, but its not cheap.

Another option would be to get the MHS pommel blank like Annon mentioned and take it to a place to get it engraved. The place the comes to my mind is Things Remembered. That's a store at most malls that does custom engraving. They have catalogs full of emblems in their computer, and I'd be really surprised if they didn't have the military service logos in there. They can scale the logo to fit in the piece just right. (Be sure to account for the lip of the pommel. Maybe take it in already installed in the pommel cap.)

That's a really cool idea by the way.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.