Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Led power on effect

Default Led power on effect

Hi guys I just wanna confirm this but if I do a vader MR conversion to LED/luxeon, I will lose the effect of power up and down right?
    being that MR uses several led's in a strip, the LED/Luxeon will be just an instant power on correct?
    thanks.

what are we talkin about?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

FAQ

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Thanx

what are we talkin about?

well after doin my convert on my MR vader with a red lux. i see mine power on without a grow effect, but when it powers off, i get a slight diming out effect, and it kinda looks like a retract type thing. thats the board that does it, but its cool nonetheless.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LAN-ED-TUL

well after doin my convert on my MR vader with a red lux. i see mine power on without a grow effect, but when it powers off, i get a slight diming out effect, and it kinda looks like a retract type thing. thats the board that does it, but its cool nonetheless.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It fades on, too, but it's fast and harder to see.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

LAN-ED, are you using one of Corbin's boards, or straight off the MR?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

Gelu the fade comes form the MR board. If you hook all 5 negative wires up the Luxeon form the MR board, the power will ramp up and down. It's not nearly as nice of an effect as Corbin's board, tho.

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

On my lux I compare the power up/down effect to my anakin AOTC saber, the led is much brighter of coarse

You may start the fight, but I will finish it.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by UltraSWG

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

Gelu the fade comes form the MR board. If you hook all 5 negative wires up the Luxeon form the MR board, the power will ramp up and down. It's not nearly as nice of an effect as Corbin's board, tho.

Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Thanks for the tip Ultra. i tried once and all I ended up with was a short. obviously I messed up something there. I'll try it again

nope, its just a straight up led swapout with tims holder in a vader ESB MR. but like ultra said, i really only see the diming out effect when it goes off. seems slower on that one than power up, that goes so fast you dont really see the effect.

gelu,
    i wired it up just like tims pic in the tutorial. that big group of wires hooked to the neg. on led and the other 2 to the pos. side. exactly like pic shows. and it works just fine for me. you might of hooked the wrong wire to wrong side by accident.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...