Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TCSS version of saberbuilder

I dont think those are available at TCSS as 'parts' are they? just as whole projects?

maybe Im wrong?

I would personally like to see them available as they can be used as a base for further customization.
    If there's no blade holder that will work for them, it might make sense to wait until there is to add them to the builder.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Nice tool. I notice the blade holders are only for LED types but that encompasses all EL types I think.

FYI for the tool developer, I don't think the build price is being reduced when you remove parts.

Just out of curiosity do I have the thumb screws in the right place for that blade holder type? Is there a way to dispense with them altogether? They break up the lines a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by One Skunk Todd; 10-09-2008 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    Nice tool. I notice the blade holders are only for LED types but that encompasses all EL types I think.

FYI for the tool developer, I don't think the build price is being reduced when you remove parts.

Just out of curiosity do I have the thumb screws in the right place for that blade holder type? Is there a way to dispense with them altogether? They break up the lines a bit.
    The thumbs screws should be further up the blade holder, where you have them they wont hold the blade properly. Plus you only need the one. If you wanted you could replace the thumb scew with a set screw that way you don't have anything sticking out.

hmm... can you give an example of the build price NOT working? I just tried adding a few hilts and taking them away.. and it seemed to work fine?..and pommels for that matter..

those were the only TWO categories "I" did, before hading it of to Tim..

maybe he has NOT implemented the rest into the each part? or mayber ther was a typo or other error..??

anywho.. as Tim stated.. anything MHS BUILDER (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/) releated should be sent to Tim to address..

anything (www.saberbuilder.com) releated should be directed to myself.

"I" havent updated the prices or lengths on a majority of the parts in MY version..been busy, and unmotivated to do such a boring process... LOL

I figured out what it's doing. If you add color to a part it adds the powdercoat price. If you then delete that part it takes away the part cost but not the powdercoat cost.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Can you give a direct process to repeat this error? We had that issue before but thought it was fixed.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Well, just now I opened it and started a fresh build:

1. Added choke style 3 - $10.50
    2. Added gold powdercoat #D6AB03 - $12.50 (Build total is now $23.00)
    3. Deleted the choke - Build price shows $12.50 with no parts selected at all.

If I hit the Clear button everything clears out.

Not sure if it matters but I'm using Firefox 3.0.3

Tim - I just sent you a new version.. (hows that for service?) LOL

the problem was put any part on the stage..

add PC to it.. in the part lists.. everything works fine.. part price.. and the PC price is both listed...

you remove the PC..and the parts list reflects no PC fee there

the problem was the price field on the MAIN STAGE.. ifyou had a part on the stage (hilt1 for example).. added PC to it.. then just delted the whole part (while it had PC still on it).. the MAIN PRICE FIELD only reflected the main part price deduction and not the PC fee that was applied prior to deletion.

anyways.. been fixed.

thanks One Skunk Todd-

I cant believe no body else caught that until now..LOL
    Last edited by xl97; 10-09-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Well, I tend to like bright shiny colors, and I just recently discovered and started fooling around with the builder tool so I was trying all sorts of variations. Then I noticed the price had creeped up to over $500 and I was a little confused.