Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another New Guy + Design

Thumbs up Another New Guy + Design

Hi all introductions all round New guy from the UK

Anyways...

Heres my first attempt on the sabre builder...

What you reckon??

I havent put a switch in etc but i would like a black switch to match
    i dont know how to use the system correctly

thanks comments, suggestions and help welcome

Hi swear, yer i know it needs screws an switches etc but im not sure how to add them or which ones to go for, but im happy with the design in general

sny ideas how muc these things cost. with electrics and blade etc?!

do these sabers come with sounds?!

Mine is almost exactly like yours (plus a 2" section and a different pommel), with electronics and completed blade was around 175 shipped (USPS).

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Default sound

the sabers don't come with sound. Most of the cost is for parts that have to be machined. You can add a sound card with Crystal Focus, Ultrasound, 616 (a.k.a. Joe Jedi), or Hasbro. I chose Hasbro because it was cheapest but in my best saber, I am going to put a Crystal Focus when I eventually get my hands on one. The cost of building a saber from scratch is a little higher but you end up with a design that you like, better light source, and better quality blade.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

If you use that emitter, order some custom work and have Tim machine your switch hole where you want it because it won't be if you order a pre-drilled hole! other than that the design is good.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Querie

Is there any way, if i was to purchase a force fx lightsabre then just take it apart and add my custom hilt to it, i would like the Led blade with the light in the hilt so i can remove the blade and carry it around is this possible

welcome to the forum
    as to your question, short answer: yes ...um kinda
    you should read around the forum, all your questions will be answered. You'll learn more that way and your finished saber will be more gratifying.

Thumbs up

hello again thanks annon,

ok ive been banging around the shop and ive selected the following pieces, (now slightly different to my original design)

Can anyone tell me what else i need or may i need to make a complete hilt (blade retention screws etc, which ones they are i dont get that bit)......

Double threaded hilt style 4

MHS ribbed extension v grooved

Screw on LED blade holder style 12

MPS Pommel style 2

MPS Insert style 1

....I can then start to think about getting the electrics and how to go about that, but for now the hilt is priority, as i dont need anything else for it to look good, well yet anyways

thanks

This question is asked at least once a week. Seriously. Look around the forums. All your answers are there.

But, to answer the question, you will need some way to hold the insert into the pommel (c-clip, epoxy, whatever. The c-clip from the store is a good option)

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.