Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help me obiwan, your my only hope

Default well

sorry...I didn't meant to imply that the technology was perfected. It is still under development. No matter the method, you would at least need one surface to reflect the image from. Four micro lasers at each corner projected towards a reflective base may yield an image but focusing becomes an issue. So, still a few kinks to work out....

That we will always need some sort of surface to reflect the light was my point was as well. What we see in SW cannot be done, and while this technology is impressive it will never be particularly portable... well actually that's not true either... but it's just like television. You can scale it down, but watching a 2 inch Ipod screen will never be as fulfilling as watching it on a real television. With this spinning mirror hologram you will always need a "screen" that is a cube, making it harder to easily carry, whereas at least a 2 dimensional screen can fit inside your pocket. There comes a point where practicality and functionality outweigh novelty and possibility. That said, I doubt this kind of hologram projector will ever be made portable, and it certainly will never exist as we see it in the star wars universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Don't feel too bad Novastar. 48,000 views is still impressive.

It should be more though. I'm going to send your links to some people I think might like to see them.
    I sure appreciate that!!! I didn't mean to steer the topic away from the "faker" hologram in that fashion, but hey, while we're at it... it's merely my surprise on BOP II that more didn't see/watch it, heheh!

Even so... I suppose I don't know what the "key" is in marketing videos over Y-tube. I mean seriously. I've seen some videos that have ga-jillion views and they were posted "ONE day ago", lol!! That is seriously some kind of "this video was pre-programmed to become viral--you can't stop it--it will happen in seconds, so tough if you don't know how it happens. Bye. " HAHHAHAH...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Default bop

You might get a BOP over the head...er....I mean...BOP to the music....er..rather...you need 3-D hologram projectors in BOP III (return of du-op).

Well, not to go insane on d-railing, but... if BOP III ever happens... there is one effect in it that should shock the heck out of most people watching. And it ain't no hologram.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

So your going to make a costume of a shiny silvery blue material and cast a whitish light on yourself tomake yourself look like a force ghost?
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

No.

Not a bit of it, lmao.

Shock the hell out of people... must be sith lightning!

It appears I'll never avoid d-railing this topic, hahahahah

And hey, if BOP III doesn't get a cast... it won't matter if it's "Force Lightning", "Force Ghost", or "Force Brown Bathrobe", will it?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Not to be too contrary, but about a year or so ago in American Scientific there was an article about a University project that used lasers to gather together molecules in the air and focus the laser on them creating visible free floating light spheres. Its been a while since I read said article, and I forget the specifics. But it WILL be possible.