Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Q on installing optics

Default Q on installing optics

How exactly does the lens... go in the lens holder...?

It doesn't seem to fit. And I tried just having it rest on top but then the blade holdering didn't go in all the way. I also go the lense stuck in the lense holder (that was bad) and then it didn't fit right on top of the LED... How do you install the optics?

It is a very exacting fit... If it’s off just a little bit it won’t fit.

I put the lens on the LED while it's in the hilt.

Then I screw on the blade holder. If it gets snagged I try to reposition it with my finger via the blade opening.

You may have to unscrew it a 1/4 turn and back to get the lens to seat INTO the blade holder, but once it's in you then have to align the outer ring of the lens to the hole in the end of the blade holder.

In the end the hilt and the blade holder should fit snug up against each other.

Thread Index
    FAQ

Does the lense snap into the holder or just rest slightly?

If so, how does it stay in the lense holder and not get... crushed... by the blade holder?

The way I do it is to put the led holder into the mhs hilt or adapter then position the optics assembly onto the led then while holding everything vertical I thread the blade holder into the hilt unitil everything is snug.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by seansps

Does the lense snap into the holder or just rest slightly?

If so, how does it stay in the lense holder and not get... crushed... by the blade holder?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No cliping, it just rests there.

It won’t get crushed. It's all made to fit perfectly.

Thread Index
    FAQ

Oh ok. Well, so far, when I screw on the blade holder... it doesn't screw all the way. I guess I need to keep trying to reposition the lense...?

If it won't go the last 1/8" or so it's because the lens needs to be positioned into the emitter hole.

Just loosen it just a tad, stick your finger in the blade opening and move the lens into position wile trying to tighten it. Once it's in position it will screw all the way down...

If you need more help, I'll post some pics...

Thread Index
    FAQ

Here's the scoop:

The lense has some slight little notch-thingy that's too large for the lense holder... I think. When I "rest" the lense on the holder, it is crooked and doesn't fit. Do you need to sand down that notch?

The optic holder has posts on the bottom that allow it to sit on top of the led. If the posts are sitting on part of the led leds or the wiring then it will not sit completely down and you will have to turn it until it is seated properly also if you used a really thick wire to conect to your led it may be keeping the optics from seating.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

That's not the problem...

The problem is that the lense is crooked in the lense-holder. The lense-holder and the led fit perfectly.