Thread: Easy first go at the MHS.

Default Easy first go at the MHS.

Well here is a first run "Budget version".

I will likely add parts in time. I have the electronics for it as of yet not installed.

Quite easy and having the bits in hand helps me get the scale for the other bits better.

Now if I can manage to land a grab bag...

looks a little small. mabye add a thin neck section?
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Yeah, I saw one nearly identical to what you say with that as well as a small extension on the pommel side.

Just wanted to get the cheapest order to have a complete, though small, complete hilt in my hand. Having the parts in hands fuels my ideas better.

I think though that it is a good size if I am going to go with 2 of them with 24" blades.

I think I would want them black with red 0-rings though.

I like the smaller hilts. Not like Yoda small, but just not as long as most. I think they are easier to work with when spinning them.

"It's not the size that counts, Austin, but how you USE it." Nigel Powers.

That quote is so very applicable. :P I like it. But for good reason. Add a 2" section and a #2 choke and you have my saber. :P Great minds think alike, eh?

What did you use to get the blade holder to line up right with the switch? O-ring?

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMasoch View Post
    What did you use to get the blade holder to line up right with the switch? O-ring?
    Luck!

Yep there it is. That is what I saw after.

If I am to try a 2 saber fighting method I think I will keep to the small size. Like I had said though, not knowing much about the company I thought to get an electronics kit and the bare minimum parts to make one so that I know what to expect before a bigger investment.

Now I need to grab one of those grab bags!

I will likely also have it coated or anodized black with red o-rings.

I am also looking to the parts and modifications I may need to make a prop saber that is actually a flask. Obviously the saberstaves have more potential for volume.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarthXanthus View Post
    Luck!

I am also looking to the parts and modifications I may need to make a prop saber that is actually a flask. Obviously the saberstaves have more potential for volume.
    I like the way you think.

Looks like the MHS builder is working worse than before. I was planning to flush out a few ideas.

Oh well.

I cannot wait till it works well enough to actually use it to order from.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    I like the way you think.

Now with the fully functioning sabers, including the soon to be released sound boards and the light board, is there need of more than 4 AA batteries to run it for anything but the shortest periods?