Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber color help needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackley View Post
    Because he's a strange anomaly or something.

I'd go for red...a white blade with a white hilt would be too much white, IMHO.

Exactly. I mean I don't understand the whole stormtroopers having sabers thing, it's an idiotic idea. But, my character is an anomaly (Thanks Brackley for defending me) because I always like to do things just a little different. Like I said, I'm still developing it but it should be interesting.

As for blade color, he's not totally affected by order 66 so he's not necessarily imperial, so it'll be either white, cyan, or yellow.
    Alderaan shot first.

Don't sweat the clone thing. There is a race that decided that they reached the peak of evolution, so they began cloning themsleves. I believe his name was Dorsk 81 or 82. He was a clone that was the first of his kind to develop the ability to use the force. He was one of Luke's first new brand of jedi.

I forgot about Dorsk 81. If I remember correctly he was practically cast out of his race because his Force sensitivity made him different.

A Force sensitive clone makes sense. The Republic was cloning troops, the Jedi were over extended, some ones bound to say "hay, lets make some Force sensitive troops." Maybe your guy could be an experiment gone bad or a prototype grown right at the end of the war. With the war over there would be no reason to make more. Could make for an interesting back story.

Quote Originally Posted by annon View Post
    A Force sensitive clone makes sense. The Republic was cloning troops, the Jedi were over extended, some ones bound to say "hay, lets make some Force sensitive troops." Maybe your guy could be an experiment gone bad or a prototype grown right at the end of the war. With the war over there would be no reason to make more. Could make for an interesting back story.
    Actually thats almost exactly one way I was thinking of going.
    Alderaan shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiily Manyaan View Post
    I don't understand the whole stormtroopers having sabers thing, it's an idiotic idea.
    The idea comes from one of the eraliest Star Wars concepts, where lightsabers were like swords, everyone had them, not just the Jedi and sith.

As for this saber, I'd say get a White P4 and some filters, that way you can see what goes with it and maybe change to a coloured LED later.

My idea for the character is that after the clone leaves the army after order 66, he visits Obi-Wan on tatooine (like maybe 5 or 6 years after ROTS), decides he wants to pursue this jedi thing but can't since all but a few jedi have been wiped out. Starts training with Obi-Wan a little, but he is getting old (wasn't a problem for master yoda ), so after Obi-Wan goes to the Death Star with Luke, you know, he can't really finish his training so is forced (no pun intended) to wait until Luke starts his academy. So....for his saber, he retains some of his clone armor and meshes it with Jedi apparel (like Obi and Ani in Clone Wars) and the saber is white and black to match the armor...like the stormtrooper sabers .
    Whaddya think?
    Alderaan shot first.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Phiily Manyaan View Post
    My idea for the character is that after the clone leaves the army after order 66, he visits Obi-Wan on tatooine (like maybe 5 or 6 years after ROTS), decides he wants to pursue this jedi thing but can't since all but a few jedi have been wiped out. Starts training with Obi-Wan a little, but he is getting old (wasn't a problem for master yoda ), so after Obi-Wan goes to the Death Star with Luke, you know, he can't really finish his training so is forced (no pun intended) to wait until Luke starts his academy. So....for his saber, he retains some of his clone armor and meshes it with Jedi apparel (like Obi and Ani in Clone Wars) and the saber is white and black to match the armor...like the stormtrooper sabers .
    Whaddya think?

I like it, the question is, do YOU like it? The saber idea is a good one. "trust your feelings Phiily..."
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

any color looks good with white