Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber color help needed.

Default Lightsaber color help needed.

Ok, being the indecisive SOB that I am I cannot decide for the life of me what color I want my new hilt to be. So...I'm gonna pose a few questions to the masses.

Does any one in the star wars universe have a white hilt, like the "stormtrooper hilts" some have made on here? I'm tinkering with the idea of a clone who has ways with the force and has a lightsaber to match his armor.

So with that in mind, should I go white or copper metallic for a steampunkish look.

I've rendered both for you viewing pleasure.

Help me TCSS forum, you're my only hope.

Alderaan shot first.

Other than the stormtroopers I haven't seen any white hilts. But I like the white version of that saber, a cyan or p4 would go good with it.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Go for the white hilt. As for the blade, I have never heard of a pure white blade, but Coran Horn and the imperial knights both have silvery white blades.

Default ok

for the partiular model you posted (swiftsaber xj-32), I would go with the white and a blue blade. A steampunk-style saber is a totally different ballgame. Steampunk sabers look best with a combination of copper and bronze and usually a green blade.

Yellow blades also look good.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I say go with the white hilt and for blade color either blue, cyan or white.

Nice hilt BTW.

Proud owner of the last two style 6 MHS blade holders!
    <('-'<)(>'-')><('-'<)<('-'<)(>'-')>(>'-')><('-'<)(>'-')>

Thanks for the input! I wasn't expecting a unanimous decision. I will remain open to persuasion one way or the other. The white is growing on me fast and it fits my fan-character which I am working on simultaneously. I am running a white Lux 3 currently so that will carry over and will leave it white or go with yellow filter that is also in my saber now. Cyan would look incredible too. Thanks again!
    Alderaan shot first.

Personally, If I were to make white hilt with black accents, I'd make my blade color Red as Red can be. It would give a real serious "I mean business" feel to a clone soldier's lightsaber.

For the steam punk one I'd say a White or Cyan color...giving the blade that kind of water or steam feel to the blade.

In an Avalanche, no single snowflake feels responsible.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why would a Clone have Force powers? He shouldn't, unless he was some strange anomaly or something.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Why would a Clone have Force powers? He shouldn't, unless he was some strange anomaly or something.
    Because he's a strange anomaly or something.

I'd go for red...a white blade with a white hilt would be too much white, IMHO.