Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxeon K2

The LED would wash out the EL glow.

Hmmm..........unless a really wide-angle LED lens was used. That might work.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Soooo.............yeah...........anyone tested their pre-release K2s yet?

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Yeah, they're brighter and don't require as much heatsinking. But they need 1500ma. S'bout it.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sweet, I like the new sig too. It made me chuckle.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

i cant wait to get one myself. anyone know how much brighter the red/orange will be compared to the lux 3 we have now? is it more than the 190 lumens range the lux 3 is now? i just wondered about it cuz all the people i show the one i have now to say its darn bright as h e double toothpicks. but if the new k2 is even more intense, then oh baby, i want one.

Could you use the MR 6 AA Sabers insides to get the 1500Ma? I Would like to put a 5w or a k2 into somthing but need the extra power to take full advantage of the LED.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

When doing the conversions I have noticed the vader puts out about 1400 using all negatives but the 6aa like the Luke puts out quite a bit more.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim, Have you tested your k2 yet? Got pics?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Strydur

Led lifespan vrs EL lifespan is not something I would take into consideration unless you plan on running your saber for like 1 year non stop.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

My comment comes almost a month later because I just saw it. Goes to prove I don't spend enough time on this board []
    Anyway, Tim, I have made an 18 volt 3500 Hz EL saber and kept it on for about 10 hours overall. I have noticed a drop in brightness already. When I plugged in a fresh blade of the same aqua wire it was brighter. With the original blade you don't notice it because the dimming happens slowly and gradually, but pluging in an identical but new blade shows the difference. It is not much, but it's there.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I believe it..hard to tell how voltage and hertz will effect the wire without actually testing it. I would go 4khz with a 9v if you want it to last, although you are the first person I have ever heard mention the wire dimmed on them.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop