Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting My Old Viper Defender to LED

Default Converting My Old Viper Defender to LED

Okay,

I've taken apart my old (and only) lightsaber, a Lighttech Viper Defender. She was fun as an EL while it lasted, but it's way past time to upgrade to something brighter...and with sound! I was able to save the original green indicator light, and the switch in case I ever need 'em.

Here are some pictures:

Still together with EL innards:

Me holding it with the old EL blade switched on. (lol Goofy picture, I know, but it's the only picture I have of it on.):

APART (oh noes...what have I done!!):

Hollow:
    Last edited by Fe'Ral; 09-26-2008 at 12:34 PM.

In an Avalanche, no single snowflake feels responsible.

So that's what the inside looks like. Lol, I tried taking mine apart years ago. That's how I lost the green LED. Well now I know.

She looks good. You took good care of her.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickJsmith View Post
    So that's what the inside looks like. Lol, I tried taking mine apart years ago. That's how I lost the green LED. Well now I know.

She looks good. You took good care of her.

Maverick
    Its an EL saber... not LED Still, its going to be sweet

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Indeed it is. I eagerly await images of it redone.

Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by Malaki Skywalker View Post
    Its an EL saber... not LED Still, its going to be sweet
    I think Maverick was talking about the little green LED indicator light that's located on the side of the hilt. I might not put it back in, and instead make that a recharge port.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe'Ral View Post
    I think Maverick was talking about the little green LED indicator light that's located on the side of the hilt. I might not put it back in, and instead make that a recharge port.
    Woops, sorry there Mav. Didn't notice the little Green LED

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

I've got a couple of potentially retarded questions...if you have a soundboard, do you still need a buckpuck/resistor? Also, I can't seem to find wiring schematics for an ultrasound 1.1. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Wheather you need a resistor/buckpuck depends on the soundboard. If it's a MR, CF, or Ultrasound, you don't. If it's a hasbro you do.

Or, if you're fancy about it, you could use a driver instead of a resistor/buckpuck if you're using something that won't drive your LED.

You have plenty of options out there.

Maverick

Cool, I can use the puck for another lightsaber I've got drawn up in my head...at least until I can afford the CF 4.0.

There are some people who drive their lux III seperate from the MR Sound boards. They do this to maximize or overdrive the led for brightness.

Scott