Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reconciliation w/ reverse sound

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Talking Reconciliation w/ reverse sound

Have just finished a SCHWEEEEET new project. It is more a concept study than anything else. I used an old MR Obi hilt, MPP shroud and custom pommel with Vader board, bin 1 cyan Lux III and custom aluminum blade holder. Sounds radical huh? (that stuff is all crap) The cool part is that the sound comes out abaxial to the emitter! (for you non medical types that means the sound comes out the front rather than the back! (and that, my friends is really FU###NG cool!)

the switch is low profile and activates when slid toward the pommel for those who prefer a back-handed grip!

I hope you all enjoy!

The Video:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_3395.flv

The Pictures:

The album Linky:

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...econciliation/
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I like it, it's a good use of the parts. You got me wondering why we don't have more sabers with speakers up front. After all, that's where the blade is doing its humming and clashing.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

That's a real good idea with the sound. wish I'd thought of it.

Teh ideas been around but most dont use it cause its a pain to get it to sound right and have room for wires and such.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    Teh ideas been around but most dont use it cause its a pain to get it to sound right and have room for wires and such.
    Uh, it really wasn't very difficult. You just have to plan it out ahead of time!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

Very nice!
    That's what I was going to look at for the sound in my sabre once I got all the parts together. I'd rather have the sound come out the emitter end if I can swing it.
    Did you use an MHS speaker/holder? What was your setup for running the LED wires past the speaker?
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Donnovan Sunrider View Post
    Very nice!
    That's what I was going to look at for the sound in my sabre once I got all the parts together. I'd rather have the sound come out the emitter end if I can swing it.
    Did you use an MHS speaker/holder? What was your setup for running the LED wires past the speaker?
    I manufactured a speaker mount from PVC (0.5cm tall, semicircular) and attached it to my soundboard cradle with craftics glue (molecularly joins plastics together) the wires to the LED and the clash sensor run out of the chassis and through the open side of the speaker mount. I used quick connectors from the shop so the led fixture just snapped to the wires running past the speaker. The soundboard chassis was built to lock into the hilt 2 1/2inches from the heatsink (leaving a resonance chamber and space for the wires and clash sensor). I wish there were a way to take a pix of how it all fits, but I can't get a good one (I tried but it is too cramped) I'll try to take some step by step pix on the one I am working on this weekend to clarify things.

That would be most helpful. Thanks!
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

very very nice I see i'm not the only one that likes mounting his speaker higher up in the hilt and not at the buttom. bin 1 cyan drool....personal saber color for me.
    ...YUP!

Great job Pizan... Hey that sound from the front idea is one I've wanted to try for a long time, but never really found it practical for ME because I'm always using 36mm or 45mm speakers, heheh!

How does it feel? Does it really sound different/better with the sound output going toward the blade (and opponent) vs. right back at you?? Hard to know depending on the resonance holes and such, but... curious to get your thoughts on that!

GREAT WORK! Especially the more recessed switch... that is something that I appreciate and understand all too well...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide