Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What have you done for speaker vents?

Firebird that looks good, it is simple and clean. One thing to consider is maybe taking a small brush and painting the inside of the holes flat black, just a thought, this will make the holes more of a design function.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

i dont think its the batteries makin the difference, it is just plain and simple, spacing of the speaker. as we have all found with the hasbros, anyplace from an inch to even up to an inch and a half works really well. all mine that have hasbros in them, completely drown out a MR board volume wise. i suppose tho, if you took a MR batt/speaker pack and set it up so speaker had around an inch of space to the end, it would sound louder too. i specualte, as i havent tried it yet.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I even found with half an inch the Hasbro was really loud too. I know it's not much at all but it still worked really well - till it fried on me[]

Less talk, more action........

I have no experience working with MHS sabers, but what I did for the one saber I have put sound in so far is cut a sort of paramecium design in the pommel cap with my dremmel, and like DiLos said, it is louder than with the pommel off.

Here's mine (in progress).
    It's louder with the "grill" off, but I sacrificed the volume for looks.

It's just careful work with a bad drill press, a groove carved in the inside diameter, and a spring made of copper wire to hold it in..

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Hi guys, first post but an old reader..........

I used a dremel to cut parallel slices in the v-grooves with a thin cutting disk. It is barley noticeable unpainted. I went back and used a thicker cutting disk and painted it. You can just barely make them out. I’m using a 4 inch chamber with the Hasbro card hidden inside and it is twice as loud as the MR. You can also feel the hum……

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...-grooves-1.jpg
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...-grooves-2.jpg
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...-grooves-3.jpg

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah wow... until that last pic I couldn't see them.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Nice job Kit! Nice to see that someone actually did the ribbed cuts thing. I always use it as a grip but I did a similar setup with the standard extension piece. I did small cuts in line with some of the ANH grip stuff and it came out pretty decent.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Early next year the modular pommel system will come to life. Speaker grille issues will become a thing of the past
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    Early next year the modular pommel system will come to life. Speaker grille issues will become a thing of the past

Sweet!
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...