Thread: MR sound system removal

Default MR sound system removal

I am working on my personal saber design, but I haven't seen a post on a way to remove a MR sound system with the speaker and battery pack and reinstalling it in a modular or sink pipe hilt. The whole idea is to keep the battery pack/speaker combo intact [from an Anakin for example], remove the sound card and then reinstall it. A wiring diagram would be nice too. If I have missed finding this, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

I am going to assume that you want to use a luxeon led or the stock MR blade either way the following links should get the information you need on the MR sabers.

http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...asp?TOPIC_ID=5
    http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...asp?TOPIC_ID=3

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

You do want to use the same sound board and just replace the MR LED array with a luxeon, correct? I know for a fact that the board that's in there will run without the LED array connected, so you'd just have to work in a driver board, or a resistor if you wanted to do it on the cheap. I'd think it's pretty simple, but you'll have to find a way to mount everything in your saber and have it not slosh around in there.

This uses a MR threaded ring,battery pack and speaker and the contacts in a sink pipe. I have done that with two, and by tonight, three sabers.

There will be a bit more on it later.[]

This one extends the wires and then puts the PCB into the Heiland tube in the background. An aluminum disc was turned, and threaded so that it could mate with the Heiland base. Then both pieces were drilled through for the wiring. After the sink pipe and Heiland were mated, the sink pipe was drilled through to the aluminum disc, and the three holes around the pipe/disc were threaded and screwed together. This kept the MR battery contacts in place(so it does not slide up the tube) and the pipe/heiland locked together.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

neat idea. looks cool.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Umi,
    What is that 'thing'? I have seen the picture a couple of times but what is it? A sink pipe adapter? something of your own making? I have pulled the 'guts' from a MR saber for a custom saber as well. I found that it was to hard to keep pressure on the spring pins so I removed them and soldered wires directly from the contacts in the battery compartment to the pads were the pins are locate. It works great and with a little padding the whole thing slides right into the sink pipe body.

edit: to slow - you explained while I was typing

Thanks for the tips. No, I am not converting the MR Anakin to LED. I am removing the sound board and battery pack/speaker for installation in a custom saber. New question: Does the battery back as is, power a Luxeon LED system? This is the 3AA battery pack from the MR Anakin. Second question, is there a wiring diagram for this? I have seen the one for the Hasbro sound card, but not the MR one.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

In the vader conversion you will find the wiring instructions to wire a 3 watt luxeon led to the MR sound board and use the orignal 3 cell battery pack.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, you just follow the conversion tutorial throwing the parts in your hilt.

I really think you benefit from looking at this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?TOPIC_ID=623 That was posted yesterday.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>