Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Bamboo saber

What is B&Q? I have been wanting to do this for a while but i can't find large bamboo anywhere other than windchimes and didg's.

And yes. GTA teaches valuable life skills like always taking your money back from the hooker after the pipe bludgeoning. So there's that.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Default bamboo

you can get bamboo poles on-line but you may be able to find them at other places like spa stores and gardening stores. You may just want to get a small cheap piece to drill, cut, and experiment with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

tim tells me that he could machine my design for The hilt $50-$60 http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...amboosaber.jpg
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Go for it! And have him powdercoat it green!

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

IMO... if you DO get one custom lathed... I would opt for painting it myself..so you can do the seams/cracks, and weathering yourself.. making it look more realistic then just a solid 'green'... live bamboo is green...

I'm more of a fan of using real bamboo, but I can see a shaped aluminum option as being more durable if dropped or something.
    The color should be a nice tan. Like xl97 said, only live 'boo is still green.

Bamboo can be a very durable material. I'm in a sword fighting organization called Amtgard that uses bamboo for blade material on a regular basis. It can take as much abuse as most carbon fiber cores I've seen, and these are not light hits. I have a 10' piece I'm going to be making into a pole arm eventually.

If I run across a large enough piece of 'boo, I'll likely try a sabre out of it myself.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.

I agree a REAL organic bamboo hilt/sleeve would be best.. with a metal base on the inside.. to mount everything to...

not sure u understand, that would be too much 4 my first EVER saber. i'll leave the 'boo to the pros but for now i jst use metal. im like, 13 lol. damn i wish the shop had mhs choke style 3 in stock! Item
    #: MHSchoker
    Our Price: $10.50
    This product is currently out of stock

Roflcopters! how ironic! Tim make moar! dey rulees and dey prfect
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Yeah, for your first build, stick to more standard parts and processes. You'll still be able to make something cool and unique using the MHS that you'll love having. Then as you get more experience you can look at customized projects.

I recommend reading through this thread by Erv-
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=2342

He explains how he got started. You're at a great age to pick up these skills. By the time you're in your later teens, you'll be designing boards too.
    Yes, I spell it sabre. I just like it that way.

New to the hobby or LED lightsabres? CLICK HERE for a listing of the basics to get started!

Dictionary of sabre building terms

Remember kids, using Darth or Master in your user name won't make you cool.