Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Bamboo saber

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Thats pretty cool, bamboo is pretty resilient stuff (trust me I know) and properly heatsinked shouldnt give you a problem. Or if you want it made out of metal, you'd need access to a lathe and some solid stock 1.5" t6061. That or email tim and see what he would charge.
    I'd have to agree with the lathing option, here. If this is a performance/dueling blade, we all know the sheer amount of rigor we put those things through. Actually, if you just sleeved a bare-bones hilt in a bolted-on (or otherwise attached) bamboo sleeve, that could work... Just keep extra on hand to change out, it'd act like a protective and decorative sleeve and if it had, say a butt-cap switch, you'd have very little work changing sleeves... Stainless steel bamboo would be hotness, though... Either way, you'll have to show this kit when you're done with it!

Hmmm... not shure what a butt cap switch is, or a bare bones sleeve, or a bamboo sleeve. lol im a noob.

??? using bamboo over a metal base.

that would mean having a bamboo sleeeve..

the metal 'base' would equal a 'bare bones sleeve'..

butt cap/end cap the pommel where you mount your switch, instead of trying to put it somewhere into the bamboo sleeve.

Angry finished with it

im scrapping the whole idea,my parents are bein *******s and wont even bother to talk to me

Default walk

yeah it is probably better to walk the street and sell drugs for a living rather than doing something constructive and imaginative like building lightsabers.

i think theyd rather i was into computer games like GTA instead of developin skills in Design & electronics...
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Psh. Who needs useful skills like electronics engineering anyways? :P

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

I don't know when it will. Though i'll be thrilled if just one more person could continue it.

Kin, check out the stuff B&Q will have in there garden section. I agree with the bamboo being used as a 'skin' for a metal saber.

You could always use epoxy putty if you;re confident in your modelling skills.
    I used some for my Legacy sith (search for the topic to see) & I thikn Nocturne armory used it in afew of theirs... will add abit of weight to the hilt if you coat it too thickly.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    Kin, check out the stuff B&Q will have in there garden section. I agree with the bamboo being used as a 'skin' for a metal saber.
    my mum told me that b&Q dont do bamboo... lol she lies! The cake is a lie!! okay ima keep tryin, i welcome evry1 else to use the bamboo idea.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"