Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: LED Bamboo saber

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus View Post
    I have a digeridoo made from bamboo that's been varnished and it's plenty strong. Bamboo has also been used in the east for scafolding poles so I think it's fair to say that it's tough enough.
    I have a couple of bamboo didgs too, they are real tough. Obviously hollow too to be used as a didg.

The apparent joints along the bamboo are like cells, they are blocked off when its growing, I understand and need to be knocked through and the pulp removed from inside if you want it as a tube.

Shouldn't be hard to find a prepared length tho, garden centres, shops selling it as didgs too!

I'd love to see the finished result for sure!
    Iain

Default d00d

Aluminium!
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

i would say if you wanted to make it out of bamboo just get a pipe and put it inside the bamboo to give it more rigidity if you don't want it to split

Quote Originally Posted by SIDisTHE View Post
    i would say if you wanted to make it out of bamboo just get a pipe and put it inside the bamboo to give it more rigidity if you don't want it to split
    have you read any of the previous posts?

thats what many have been recommending to do..

little harsh, but people should read and not jump into the conversation. Back on topic: blade holder? how well does bamboo take to heat and bending because fighting will cause vibration.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

apologies. my intent was NOT to be harsh at all.. I guess no smiles can do that.

I was just being straight forward..and asking a serious question.. many have stated the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    little harsh, but people should read and not jump into the conversation. Back on topic: blade holder? how well does bamboo take to heat and bending because fighting will cause vibration.
    Break it up ladies! lol any ways, NO BAMBOO!!! ...Tim...Machining...With lathe!!! kay?
    my conceptual design http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...boy/boobam.jpg mind you, not so sure 'bout the powdercoat. a future project will be a saber made with real bamboo, for now though, heres boo-bam cos when it kills you im like, BAM! and your mums like "Boo-Hoo!". i rock!
    Last edited by kinchar bamin; 10-07-2008 at 08:37 AM.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Huh?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Huh?
    most probably high when i wrote dnt worry bout it