Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Well, i guess jst general questions.

Default i dunno...

my dads 45 and hes always workin so, i dont think he'd have the time but i'll ask.ummm,oh yea, how do i make an activator box? is a good idea, but my dad has this medical stress thing that makes him turn into hulk if i piss him off
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Default stress

OK. See stress is bad. Making an activator box should only be used as a stress reliving tool. Obviously, if he is very busy then it is best not to bother him with it. However, if he has free time and is in a good mood well it may be something to do. There are several ways of making boxes. The ones I have seen people make usually involve taking a flat piece of metal and bending into a square and then welding a top and bottom plate. Another idea would be to take 4 pieces of metal and welding it into a box and then welding a top on it. I guess you may want to try some with an open end so people can put electronics in it. A lot of it would be trial and error so you should probably just use some scrap metal and experiment. If you don't know how to weld, it may be a good time for your dad to teach you. It is a good skill that is always in demand.

make sure you PAY ATTENTION though... always have your goggles/helmet/visor on.. you dont want to burn out your eyes..

never look at the tourch when laying a bead either...never... or when someone else is doing it.

to be honest I dont think that would be a great way to go about making control/activation boxes.... unless he has a TIG welder and can do very minature/controlled welds..

usually you grind down seams/joints/welds to make the part ready for piaint, chroming or powder coating...
    Last edited by xl97; 09-25-2008 at 09:48 AM.