Thread: the ultrasaber Prophecy

Default the ultrasaber Prophecy

My buddy decided he wanted to be a Jedi with my son and I for Holloween, just for kicks, and decided he needed a lightsaber too. Well, I think it is more because he needs something to defend himself because I know my son will be on the offense with his new lightsaber.... once I finish building it.

He doesn't want to build one, and will be taking the quick road and getting a pre-fab one since lightsaber building doesn't seem to be an interest to him and wants a "quick fix". He liked the look of the Ultra Prophecy and I wanted to know if anyone here has any opinion on it. I have heard that Ultras are good sabers, and told him to just get one of the cheaper $50 ones and do a little deco to it, but he likes the shiny (oooooooh pretty shiny) finish of the aluminum one.

Thanks for your thoughts and input

they're ok IMO, they don't have sound, and they all look plain for my tastes, but if you're looking for something to defend yourself with it'll work.

yeah I told him they were bare bones. He just wants a "nice" looking prop for holloween and doesn't want to spend too much money. For $100 I think he should at least expect a sturdy saber and blade that will light up reiliably.

As far as looks, yes I agree, it is plain, but his comment was at least it looks better than a simple piece of PVC pipe

I don't have the prophecy, but I did buy the one they had before it (before I found TCSS) It spins well and Its strong. Halloween Is probably the best use for it.
    If he gets it then you could talk him in to giving it to you after he gets bored with it. Then you could strip it for parts.

Is the basic layout the same (switch position and "neck" sections) for the prophecy and the one your purchased?

And yeah, I was already thinking about scaveging parts from it once my buddy lost interest after holloween

i was afraid you would prophess the ultraboard would be delayed past halloween...whew.

The switch was in the pommel of mine, but it looks like they're using a guarded switch on this one. I have a guarded switch in my TCSS saber and I've never had a problem with accidental on/off.