Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Obi-Wan TPM inspired MHS saber

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, that's exactly it, xl97.

And B5813, that's why it's not finished yet. I kind of got a little burned out by that one, and had to take a brief time off. I'm back in gear now, and should be finishing this one soon.

The 616 Joe Jedi board was giving me grief, so I pulled it out again. I've had nothing but trouble with that setup. I think I might just put a puck in it, skip the sound, and move it out. I'd like to get it off the bench already, and make room for new projects.

How hard was it to cut with a dremel? (re: the aluminum) any harder that doing, say a sink tube?

never dremeled on any aluminum before...

on a side note:

Im curious as to how the the 3in. extension and the MHS sinktube adapter are fitting together on the 1.25 tube?

Is the 1.25 sinktube going 'through' the MHS adapter?

I mean I know the bladeholder screws into the adapter.. and normally a 1.25 sink tube can go INSIDE the MHS adapter.. but Im failing to grasp how the 3in extension is fitting in there? (I see it have a groove cut out, like mentioned.)
    Last edited by xl97; 02-20-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Dremeling aluminum is a little different from dremeling a sinktube just because of thickness, from my experience.

Can't wait to see how this turns out Obi! I'm liking it so far.

A Jedi gains power through understanding;
    a Sith gains understanding through power.
    Help me choose my Sith Sinktube Saber design!

Update pics? please.

This is a really awesome saber so far will u be able to finish it soon?
    I didnt know u could make a Obi TPM out of MHS. I might have to try this...
    Last edited by Darth Phantom; 04-09-2009 at 10:53 AM.

I love what you did with those accent LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    I could show you a progress picture of the grip piece I messed up last night.

But I won't.

yeah Im bumping..

and yes I want to know more/see more about the grip section you did (or didnt do) hahaha

Hell this deserves another bump, just because your saber is going to look beautiful ODKE

That and you are inspiring me to do one, so if you end up succeeding with this beautiful build, Im sure it will inspire me even more

I'm eager to hear/see more about this project too, I've been 'sitting on' an AceRocket pommel [not literally...ouch! lol] waiting to see how this build comes to completion and if it is something within my meager skilz...the grip section has me particularly concerned so I would really like to see how you handled that...and yes Alcfalath is correct this thread is indeed inspiring.

I actually bought an Acerocket Obi pommel because of this thread. haha.

since this thread is getting some 'buzz'.. anyone know about how LONG an OBI TMP saber should be?

and (not including the pommel)..how long the 'grip' section is?

mine just 'seems' to long.. coming in at around 13"... I can cut the 1.25 base tube down.. no problem.. but it just makes the 'grip section' seem too short.. lol

could just be my eyes playing games I suppose..