Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tools!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That would probably help out, but I wouldn't settle for one that wasn't top notch. He'd also be stuck stocking tips of that iron, so the choice better be good.[xx(]

EDIT: Wild idea, stock the heavy duty cutoff disks for dremels???

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Or even the Dremmel it self!

Thread Index
    FAQ

ill post another vote for dremmels and accessories for it

Here, here! I've also heard some concerning questions from aspiring Jedi's (my friends here at school) that always ask me what is in the kit. I personally think that the kit should have an all-inclusive option for the hoplessly lost like I was in the beginning. You know, an option to add tap and dye sets, dremel kits, say maybe thumb screws (I still haven't gotten mine!)!!![][][]

Anyways I love your shop Tim, thanks for taking our advice to help out your shop. If I'd found this place now instead of before Christmas, I would have had a much easier time because of all the things you and x-wing have done! Keep up the good work![][][][][][][][][][][][][]

A short length of heat shrink tubing would also be very good, that way we could eliminate the need for tape on wiring conections and it would make them much stronger. Some short peices of wire would be a nice addition to the saber kits, most people don't have wire just lying around. This store can really become a one stop shopping for all your saber needs, kinda like the 6 million dollar man, we have the tools and we have the technology to build sabers.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

A short length of heat shrink tubing would also be very good<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I LOVE the clear kind with the hot glue INSIDE it! That stuff is Awesome!

It's just a little hard to find. I stole mine from work. Lol

Thread Index
    FAQ

It's just a little hard to find. I stole mine from work. Lol
    Me too

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Woo Hoo! good group of tool add ons. I have been tossing back and forth on the wire strippers since I use my dikes for everything. Time to start another order I reckon.

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes. I will do what I must." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I have those wire strippers. They work very well. But I would also suggest the front cutting strippers too as they tend to work better when you have little wire to work with.

It realy doesn't matter unless you have less than an inch to work with.

Have you found a dealer for the Hotglue-Heatshrink yet? That's good stuff!!! "Worth" is the only place I've seen it, but I haven't looked too hard.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ

Tim,

I like the accessories pack you have available for the Dremel as well as the cut-off wheels.. those are awesome and the price is good too.

I'll ask this here as I am not certain where else to ask.. but could some of the more experienced Saber Builders post a tool list? Something that us Newbies can perhaps look at and save ourselves some of the time and error of guessing. Keep in mind that not all of us know the tools. I for one am clueless about such things... I do not work with tools and own very little.

A list of "I wouldn't build a saber without these tools" would be so handy. Maybe, just maybe, Tim could toss together a Basic tool kit based on the lists? Hmmm?
    1 Dremel with accessories kit
    2 cut-off wheel kits
    1 box band-aids[:0]

What else do I need?

"Do you know how to use one of these?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."