Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Light side or DORK side

Talking

Ha ha! that got giggles out of me, dont let them get to you!
    I just laugh at people who call me a geek or nerd, then proceed to disect every interest they have

Full of Win & Awesome. Current ranking, 10 internetz.
    Sponsoring internetz increases levels of Win & Awesome.
    Barmic youve got me started on something now

*clinches fist dramatically* He doesn't know the power of the Dork side!

Intresting how a joke based on a comic strip can bring out serious replies. My wife may roll her eyes at me, but she knows its me being me. As for comments from "outsider", if they want to be closed minded that's there issue not ours. We can't control others, anymore than they can control us. What we can do is not take ourselves too seriously and be willing to laugh at ourselves. I mean, come on, are we not playing with glorified "flashlights" or "glow bats" or whatever you or they want to call them?
    "Great Warrior? Wars Not Make One Great."

A friend of mine has been trying to convince me to buy a 360. My boss has been trying to convince me to buy a PS3. What do I do? I go and spend half as much on something I'll use more often than either system.

Lightsaber parts purchased today!

...I forgot to put anything relevant in. XD Anyways, was oging to say, just goes to show the passion some people have for their arts. This is a good way for me to learn more advanced electronics. I can guarantee I have a better skillset than either my boss or my friend. :P Though, my boss DOES kick ass at Rainbow Six: Vegas 2...

There are two truths in major league soccer:
    1. Your team is either from Chicago or a suburb of Detroit.
    2. Detroit sucks.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I believe that you are all right on. I believe that I have a somewhat well rounded opinion on this issue. First I will tell you all a little about myself (it is all true) I am an All-American baseball player, was a high professional draft choice, and have never shall we say had a difficult time with the ladies. (bear with me I am not trying to tell everyone how cool I am, I am simply providing perspective for my whole comment) I have lived that life, but the funny thing is, I also graduated high school Valedictorian, undergraduate double major Phi Beta kappa/Magna Cum Laude graduate school and medical school summa cum laude and Rhodes Scholar. The second part of this post may sound much more like what you would expect from a "nerd", but not a single person has ever called me one. That could be that they know that I could smear them into the concrete, or maybe its just because they know that I could debate them into the stone age, but whatever the reason I have not had to deal with it. As I have begun to explore more creative endeavours I have noted that others tend to label people with interests similar to mine as nerds. These folks (meaning you guys/gals) seem to me to be some of the most well adjusted, intelligent, grounded people that I interact with (and I interact with many people daily). I believe that we as a community have it right, we truely enjoy a very creative hobby which many of those who would cast disparaging labels do not have the capacity to understand, much less enjoy. Nerd is simply a label used by those people who do not possess the mental acuity to comprehend anything outside of their own sheltered existence! In my book, you guys are all cool. Keep living life to the fullest!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by LordMasoch View Post
    A friend of mine has been trying to convince me to buy a 360. My boss has been trying to convince me to buy a PS3. What do I do? I go and spend half as much on something I'll use more often than either system.

Lightsaber parts purchased today!

...I forgot to put anything relevant in. XD Anyways, was oging to say, just goes to show the passion some people have for their arts. This is a good way for me to learn more advanced electronics. I can guarantee I have a better skillset than either my boss or my friend. :P Though, my boss DOES kick ass at Rainbow Six: Vegas 2...
    Dude get a 360
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

i am a dork/geek/nerd...how do you like me now?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilhelmet View Post
    i am a dork/geek/nerd...how do you like me now?
    Exactly the same as we all did before you told us! LMAO

I can't remember where I first heard this, but it's so apt for many situations:
    Everybody is someone else's weirdo.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus Lupus View Post
    I can't remember where I first heard this, but it's so apt for many situations:
    Everybody is someone else's weirdo.
    I concur completely and believe that nothing is more true!