Thread: saber ideas please

Default saber ideas please

This is one I'm going to have to ask the communities help with. I have a friend who's a star wars fan. I want to build her a lightsaber in the near future. I'm not entirely sure where to start. She's a bit of book worm and I'm not sure where to start. I considered going with a light to match her hair color. As far as hilt design any ideas would be great. Plz post any helpful info or ideas for a hilt you may think someone who does alot of reading might like.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What kind of things is she in to? You said "Book worm" - what does she read? You could go in lots of directions from there. For example, if she reads literature from a particular global region, try something from that culture. What's her favorite color, if she likes star wars she might have a favorite character, type. These are just ideas, but if you make it meaningful to her, I'm sure it will be appreciated more.

Is this a surprise or is she in on it? I would guess a surprise, eh get to know here a little better...

Default book

just get her a bookmark..lol j/k
    Well books are kinda antique looking so I would go with a steampunk style saber. I would say a white luxeon (for reading) with a pink lee filter but green blades look far better with steampunk copper/bronze.

Smile

Those are some good ideas. I was thinking something along the lines of a lightsaber a jedi who worked in the archives alot might have had. Since they worked with alot of holograms and historical information so their saber style would fit her. I had though about going with a blue or a green for a color to match her eyes. Another color I had considered is a yellow color to match the gold lettering on the front of some bibles because she's a christian. She's a good friend of mine and I want this saber to be one of my best. For the record you're right eastern57 she doesn't know about it so it's a surprise. If you have some ideas as to what their sabers might've looked like please post them for me or if you have ideas of your own as to what they looked like please post them.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

Default awesome

optics these days have come a long way. You could make a hilt of a clear tube within a clear tube. The inner tube would rotate and project the hologram from the centrally placed laser to the outside tube. Kind of a hologram generator hilt with an amber color blade. Since that would require tremendous effort and substantial cost, it may be better to slap a hologram sticker on it and call it a done deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

go to http://www.thelightsaber.com/web/IndexFolder/index2.htm and look up Jocasta Nu under history's. She was a jedi book worm