Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Light side or DORK side

"Great Warrior? Wars Not Make One Great."

Default attention

pay no attention...almost everybody in the whole world loves things that light up and makes noises (i.e. cell phone). Besides, lightsaber building has proven itself to be a very effective way for learning the basics of electronics.

no comic that gets into a newspaper these days with the exception of dilbert is worth wasting your time on.

Wink

Bah the guy that sent it to you maybe wishes he had your class.

Now if we want to get into comics that are worth reading now, I'd have to vote for "Non Sequitur" well over Dilbert. You can on;y do/say so much before a comic gets repetitive. And if I let it get to me every time someone called me a dork, then I'd be keeping another shrink in business instead of places like this.
    "Great Warrior? Wars Not Make One Great."

I just don't understand why so many people think Star Wars and lightsabers are for nerds.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Just do what I do. Show them Xwingband's video of him hitting a telephone pole with one of his sabers. Then point out that the pole is much stronger than their head. GlowBat v telephone pole = tie. GlowBat v Head = squishy head

People that ridicule hardcore fans of anything have their own issues. Mostly a lack of passion. It doesn't matter what you are passionate about, just that there is SOMETHING you are passionate about. They may call us dorks, nerds, geeks, whatever, but I guarantee we have a wider skill set, a better sense of community and overall more fun lives than those people. So whenever you hear a insult slung your way because of your fandom....laugh out loud because you are happy and that person obviously is not.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    People that ridicule hardcore fans of anything have their own issues. Mostly a lack of passion. It doesn't matter what you are passionate about, just that there is SOMETHING you are passionate about. They may call us dorks, nerds, geeks, whatever, but I guarantee we have a wider skill set, a better sense of community and overall more fun lives than those people. So whenever you hear a insult slung your way because of your fandom....laugh out loud because you are happy and that person obviously is not.
    I agree whole heartedly with this. I've been called many things. I've been harassed, even threaten if I quote went any further but in the end at least I have the guts to not hid who I am and what I like to do. My wife said it was that fact that won her over in the end no matter how nerdy I am.
    ...YUP!

My dad brought me home that same strip from the newspaper he had at work!
    Alderaan shot first.