Thread: New to the MHS builder, any suggestion on building?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New to the MHS builder, any suggestion on building?

Hey, i'm new to the MHS system and Custom Saber shop. I'm not exactly sure what the stipulations are when building a custom saber here; such as assembly, electronics etc. I've been reading through some of the tutorials and other notes on the forums on composing a complete saber. I'm primarily interested constructing an EL blade Saber with sound.

I've been using the SaberBuilder tool for visual design. (Attached picture)
    I'd like to stay fairly close to this final design if possible. Unfortunately the tool doesn't seem to be giving a pricing during the time i was building the saber, so I can't be sure on the exact cost as it is at the moment.
    Here is the list of parts i used, as the tool specified. If you see any parts missing, or incorrectly used please let me know. I'd like to make sure i can build this saber once completed.

1. TCSS: AngelusLupus Custom BH-4bt
    2. TCSS: Hilt 3_bb
    3. TCSS: 1/2 in. ChokePoint_be
    4. TCSS: RIBBED Extension
    5. TCSS: Double Male Threaded Connector
    6.TCSS: 30 2in. Sink Tube Style 1 (is the choke also the same as the sink tube?)
    7. TCSS: Pommel_4
    8. TCSS: Guarded Switch - Red
    9. TCSS: Thumbscrew 1
    10. TCSS Covertech Black - Side

I would like the ability to easily change blades with this saber as well. I read that it's wise to put a quick disconnect in the hilt in order to easily access the blade electronics, remove the blade, and replace with a different one, in under a minute or so.

Any suggestions, tips or comments would help greatly. Again, i'm new to TCSS, and still unsure of many things in the process, so any input will help understand other forum topics as well as tutorials. From what i understand all pieces are shipped and the saber is self assembled once received. Or is there also a service package in the store that includes assembly?

Many Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images