Thread: Custom made battery pack

Default Custom made battery pack

I have a CF that will be sent off to mighty erv' for repares here in a few days. So I thought I might think about differet battery pack. I'm using Eandori's style. But just wanted to know if anybody else hase tried this method? Here it goes-7 AAA NIMH rechargable battery cells. 2 on top 3 in the middle and 2 on the bottom. Then you separate the possetives and the negatives, ect...??? Is these cells good for P4s, Lux. V, k2s,lux IIIs. on a CF v4?
    Last edited by Count Malik; 09-13-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Voltage is voltage is voltage is voltage... and:
    Current is current is current is current.

It doesn't matter WHAT style of batteries you choose, as long as:

* It is best for your hilt design / setup
    * Best for your pocketbook (some like that Alkalines are "cheap"--short term, others prefer rechargeable since it saves in the long term)
    * You're fine with the ecological ramifications (it's true that we all have a 'footprint' no matter what, but Alkalines and things like lead-acid for example are worse for the earth than Li-Ion)
    * You're fine with the weight of the cells (Li-Ions are the lightest for the mostpart since Lithium is the lightest metal on the periodic table)
    * You're fine with whatever wiring needs to be done (2 wires is naturally less prone to problems than 8, or 12, 16, etc.)
    * If you are using rechargeable cells, you are cool with charging; know the limits, the way to do it, etc. etc.
    * You're cool with the "discharge curve" that your style of cells offers

But yep, otherwise--at the CORE LEVEL: all batteries are identical, in that they provide current at certain "punch" (voltage).
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

X wing told me that he has done exactly as you proposed - and he really liked it in some sabers where the fit was tight.

MC

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yup, I bought a bunch of AAA's last month to use for 7AAA packs. Eandori is right that they're nice and small with a little of a punch. I also use that compared to a 7.2V 2AA li-ion setup because it's more mAh and slightly more voltage that ensures a high voltage LED like the V is running at full power.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Yeah I made 2 of them I 1 of them is actually working. The other was... lets just say practice! LOL! Ones I send my CF to get repared and get it back. I was going to install it in my Legacy/Invincible saber. (if it gets done quick enough. But no biggy if it dosen't, I'll just keep it for another project.) If that was to happen I will order a USv2 and the new battery holder w/speaker mount v2 in the saber for awhile. And thats plan "a" and plan "b"!