Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Arm On Fire Custom Sabers - "Nemesis III"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Sweet hilt man. I'm digging the emitter slots and that control box is AMAZING

My one dislike (if you can call it that) is that the grip section looks out of place being just bare aluminum. I think the saber would look even better if you painted the grooves black to match the rest of the hilt.
    I considered that, but I thought the saber had enough black with the powder coating under the shroud. I didn't want to over do the black, so I decided I'd leave it silver...
    Last edited by Darth Epohon; 09-19-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Redneck Sith - Y'all don't know the power of the Dark Side...

www.myspace.com/DewMan616

Default This is my saber...

The whole process was fun from beginning to end. Randy (Arm on Fire) was awesome to work with. He was the perfect balance of professional, helpful, and patient. It was so awesome seeing the concepts Randy and I discussed come to life in his CAD renderings, and then from there into the finished saber... There were days during the design process that I would email him 4 or 5 times a day with questions, or ideas, and he was always very eager to help. He indulged me in my every idea I had for this saber, never once telling me something couldn't be done. He simply took my ideas/questions and incorporated them into this incredible design. He was just awesome to work with. But, if anything can outshine his personal/professional attitude would be the actual saber itself. These pics don't do this saber justice. As cool as the pics are, the actual saber is just amazing to see, feel, and hear in person. I couldn't have imagined anything better than the saber Randy created for me. He is a very gifted artist... It is worth every penny I paid, and probably more... I couldn't be more happy...

I really love the shroud, emitter and the control box. Those three elements make my saber truly unique. I am the "III," named after my Grandpa and Dad, so I wanted to incorporate the "III" theme into the saber, which I think Randy did a great job of. Then, when Randy told me he had a design for a control box he had been working on and he felt that it would look good on my saber, I thought it sounded cool. As soon as he showed me the CAD with the control box on it, I was sold. Then, when he added the LED under the screen, it just made it that much cooler... The whole saber is just awesome...

My only complaint would be that the saber doesn't actually cut through stuff. Once Randy figures that out, his sabers will be perfect...HA!

Thank you so much for everything Randy. You were awesome, and I love the saber. I'm pretty sure I'll be contacting you soon to start design work on a saber for my son...
    Last edited by Darth Epohon; 09-19-2008 at 09:33 AM.
    Redneck Sith - Y'all don't know the power of the Dark Side...

www.myspace.com/DewMan616