Thread: T section

Default T section

I've looked, but I've probably missed it. Does anyone know what I'd be looking for in a t-connector that will mate with the MHS pieces, or will I have to hunt something custom down? That wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather just buy it flat and use MHS for the rest of my Tonfa project (Yes, another of /those/. It's for my fiancee to cosplay Maris Brood. Er, HEAVILY modded.)

I ask because I'd need to know what technical info (Outer/Inner dia, threading, etc) is relevant to get sympathetic parts for the vertical grip and for the end cap and replacement emitter (for when I pull the blade and she's walking about during the Con). I'm sure someone here knows what stock hardware will be friendly towards this design

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Get a sinktube T section. The MHS OD is 1.45". get something that will fit over it
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If your not dead set on it being MHS compatable, you can make a pretty good Tonfa out of PVC and a lux I

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    If your not dead set on it being MHS compatable, you can make a pretty good Tonfa out of PVC and a lux I
    It's got a few parts that need to be switchable on the fly, and I've got more exposed blade than that design. Also, to be honest, I prefer the feel of metal to begin with. But I've been considering doing a PVC Mock run, anyway. But my design needs a LOT of structural strength because I'm opening large cuts in the design, and I worry PVC just won't take the dueling. I know it's tough, but I, on an emotional level, trust metal more (Which is why I'm still irrationally dead set against "Plastic" guns even if I /know/ they're good).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Get a sinktube T section. The MHS OD is 1.45". get something that will fit over it
    If it comes down to that, it'd be doable. I'd still rather work from well-mated pieces and I /trust/ TCSS's work having seen a lot of it. So it may just be time to get some bar-stock and borrow someone's lathe...