Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: A complete n00b intro?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GeluKhanGharr

wow, jediDad has done good. but I doubt you have enough space for the electronics in that one. Is there a hole in the emitter? 3/4 in diameter? You may be able to fit an inverter and a battery if that handle section is hollow, but I'd say forget about sound. Hmmmm, unless you could get some MR guts and make it an LED instead of EL.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How is he going to secure the blade? It's the same problem as the Luke ROTJ. That's why I think EL is the better option.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?

Want to roleplay in the SW universe? Visit:
    </center>

I love the look and style of the saber.. though it wasn't designed to have a blade. I think its possible. I'm not so concerned with the addition of sound FX but would like to try to add a removable blade to a design like this one.

Being that it is 90% PVC you are looking at PVC piping and the emitter is a combination of cut and well fitted couplers. I doubt it would take much to modify it.

Originally, before I found the store and its forum... I was going to build two of these exactly the same. One as a deco hilt to wear in costume, the other for duelling with the central PVC pipe extended as a blade. No lites, no sound... just beatings []

"Do you know how to use one of these?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."