Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A complete n00b intro?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by archammer2

I've just now gone past the "total n00b" stage. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No...

You still have 5 more posts.[][]

Thread Index
    FAQ

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

And a flurry of Misc topic posts gives you not the right to point that out yet.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

And a flurry of Misc topic posts gives you not the right to point that out yet.[]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have no idea what you're talking about...

I add color and life to the board...

I can't let you handle ALL the burden! lol

Thread Index
    FAQ

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tim must be really thankful to have you! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We certainly ARE !!! Thank you xwing

The MR sabers is what got me interested in building my own. I'd seen Park's sabers a while back, and another EL site I've gone to sells complete EL blades for lightsabers in the $125 price range. I decided that was too expensive, then by some stroke of luck, I found TCSS. I have to admit I was a little dumbfounded the first few days though. I think including an overall product explanation would help out.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by SaberGirl

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tim must be really thankful to have you! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

We certainly ARE !!! Thank you xwing
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks. It's no prob. I like this site a lot. I don't mind doing some work for it.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Xwing the thread index looks good with the bold headings very easy to locate the section you are looking for, the index should be a big help to all, now if people will just use it.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

So True, I originaly was one of those people that bought a LightSaber E-Book off of Ebay and I had already ordered the PolyCarb(1/16"Th. and Broke) from Us Plastics and afterwards totally by accident discovered Tims Site(Random Search). But Thank Xwing for all your selfless and tireless work you truely are a Jedi Master, I don't think I would have finished my 4th. Lightsaber without both of you and all of the members of this Site. I used to spend all my time on the LiningUp board but it has taken a back seat to the time I enjoy here. Thank You All.[]

May the Force
    Be with You

Marc E.

yep, i too a few years back did the lightsaber manual thing. i still have it too. ive come along ways since then tho. if i just had a lathe, i would be set. i thought i would of got the one my uncle had, but my dad sold it after he died. it was a big lathe tho. my uncle was the head machinist for a leading airline back in california.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I think the idea is a great one.. may I offer some ideas?

I am one of those people "You mean I need tools? What's that?" Laugh if you must, but not all of us are tool savvy.

Here's an idea that I think would be cool.

Offer successive (sp!) kits. Here's what I mean..

1) Padawan's Kit: The very basics to make a hilt with an intro to every piece. "This is a Knurled nut, we will be using it to represent (part name here). This kit could include info on the needed tools, sandpapers and such.. Might even include one tool, like a rivet gun or something. A Padawan Kit might be offered in different materials.. an all metal hilt or a PVC hilt and express the limitations of either choice. perhaps a PVC hilt would be best for a static blade built for dueling...

2) Knight's Kit: This kit would build on the Padawan's kit and intorduce the installation of a blade. Perhaps an intro to basic electronics to install and work the blade.

3) Master's Kit: Again, builds on the Knights kit moving to a mor advanced hilt and blade, perhaps the addition of sound.

I have no clue about the inner workings of the idea presented as I am still a noob myself. I am pondering over metal vs. PCV and what tools I need. I own a MR Vader Force FX but I want my own...

I would like to see what the Customer Saber Shop can do. To be honest, I basically came to the site from a forum signature (I belive yours X-Wing?) and saw all this stuff that looked greek to me. I saw the Covertec Clips and was intrigued but leary of the shipping, X-wing saved my lack of faith in the shop by pointing out other options here at the shop (like e-mail contact).

Perhaps the info and use of such kits would attract rather than repel future Noobs like myself.[]

"Do you know how to use one of these?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."