Thread: random CF question?

Default random CF question?

On CF do you have to set your settings for your LED or will the board just read the votages? (wire-up and install and play.)never had one but was thinkin about it! LOL! So I decided to ask this.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You have to set the current. The voltage... no, it senses that. Voltage follows current so set the current and it will deal with the rest.

A special note is because of differing voltages you should always reset the saber when you swap LEDs. It "remembers" the voltage it senses at boot so if you simply turn it off it will still use the old voltage after you've swapped the LED and that can lead to a fried LED.

Please read the CF manual... it'd be appparent as there is a note for the voltage and swapping. Also you'd see that the current is a parameter on the SD card.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

ok if any one is reading this i am new at building sabers and i need some answers like do i need a defuser or resistor crystal foucus info on wiring what kind of power source batteries or li-ion cells if you read this please help

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master Bob View Post
    ok if any one is reading this i am new at building sabers and i need some answers like do i need a defuser or resistor crystal foucus info on wiring what kind of power source batteries or li-ion cells if you read this please help
    I think my brain just exploded...

Quote Originally Posted by eastern57 View Post
    I think my brain just exploded...
    I think I just broke something...

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

Agreed with the last two posts: this is the most INSANE run-on sentence I've ever seen. Not to mention... even *I* can usually "parse" the information/question out of something like this, but... on THIS ONE???!?

Nope. Nada. No way. Furrgett it. No can do sister.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Is the answer WTF?
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

hes asking if he needs a difuser, a resistor, and he wants info on wiring up a CF. also he wants to know what kind of powersouce CF needs, Batteries or Li-Ion.

to answer...
    you only need a difuser if you are building a blade yourself. No you do not need a resistor. CF will take Both types of batteries, its your choice.

if you go to Erv's site Plecterlabs.com, he has wiring info posted there.

hope that helps